What's new

Getting a deal on a 55" Philips HD TV (1 Viewer)

KenCBove

Auditioning
55pp9910/17

Im getting it for 600 bucks. The woman has the reciept from 10 months ago when she bought it.
My only concern is that I wont be able to watch it while its daytime. I have a townhouse so my living room is very open and has alot of windows. The upper ones (15' high) dont have blinds or anything. will there be too much light to be able to see the TV?

Thanks
Ken

John S

Senior HTF Member
You may have to take off the anit glare protector screen. (Glare generator) I have an entire wall of windows and have not taken mine off. If I do more critical viewing beyond news during hte day, I close the drapes. The set has plenty of brightness, but that darn protector screen is really bad for glare. I use a 60" Philips CRT RPTV HDTV.

KenCBove

Auditioning
Is this a good deal for this TV? I dont want to waste my $$ on a TV that wont last.

Thanks

John S

Senior HTF Member
Pretty good deal.. Some big box stores closed these out at $999 not to long ago.

Looks like it has a ton a great features. HDMI/DVI built in HD tuners. Pretty nice for $600. I think it will last as well as anything else in all honesty.

Users who are viewing this thread