Getting a bigscreen, help me choose!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by dave cruz, Aug 21, 2002.

1. dave cruz

dave cruz Auditioning

So Sound Advice is having a sale this weekend… No payments for 15/mo. and nice discounts on everything. I’m going in looking for a 16:9 Widescreen TV, probably around 50in or so...
    I have been leaning towards the Mitsubishi’s but they all look pretty nice. Are there any other brands to look for or stay away from?
    :discuss please:
    thanks in advance for any advice [​IMG]

2. David Ison

David Ison Stunt Coordinator

I would guess for the price you'll pay (est 2000.00). i would look long&hard at a LCD projector or possibly the Piano plus-3100(dlp).

3. dave cruz

dave cruz Auditioning

Well, this would be going in a living room. I dont have a dedicated theater room so a rear projector sort of setup would not work right now.

I am looking around the 2000. to 2500. price though. What are the better models in that range?

4. Jeff Holton

Jeff Holton Stunt Coordinator

I love Toshiba television... they have solid quality for a reasonable price... the 50H82 is a 50" widescreen that should fall right in your price range.

5. carlos pagan

carlos pagan Auditioning

i just bought a jvc av 56wp30 and paid 2500 for it i just wish i had known the store was having a deal for a free prog scan dvd. i just got the jvc one . not too impressed w/ it.oh well, it was free. i love the monitor though simple and beautiful

pagan8tor