What's new

Get your Jet Set Radio Future while you can! (Important!!) (1 Viewer)

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Jet Set Radio Future is going out of production my friends. Make sure you snag a copy ASAP if you have been holding off or if you plan to get an X-box anytime in the near future.
Heres the link for those wondering what I'm babbling about:
Link Removed

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
What the heck? Are they insane? I was hoping the price would drop down to $65. :frowning:

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Glad I got mine on release week. I still need to finish it. I haven't played it in quite awhile. I don't know why, since it is the 2nd best game for the X-box.

-Dean-

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
That's extreme scare tactics by IGN. I'm a little disappointed by that. People said the same thing about the PS2 REZ...

Camp, what's your thoughts on this? Is JSRF still available through retail channels?

John Bryant

Second Unit
It's still available, that's not what they are saying. Thing is, how many copies of this sucker have been made? Snow White went OOP long ago and you can still find that at any store you want.

ChrisV

Second Unit
ARGH! I've been holding off on this one because it is so expensive up here and since I only got my Xbox a few weeks ago I've been busy with other titles. The thing is, JSRF is one of the main Xbox games I was looking forward to. I figured whenever I had time I'd be able to just walk into a store and pick it up, and maybe the price would've gone down a bit. Oh well, I guess I'd better go get a copy.

On the bright side I get to go buy and play a copy of JSRF!

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
i dont get the logic. rez is not really popular so it makes sense to OOP-ed it. but jsrf? come on, i think that is only a marketting tactic.

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
JSRF was a moderate success
How do these two statements mix when sub-par software like 'kabuki warriors' and 'smashing drive' is ensured a long, healthy shelf life?
If this unsubstantiated news happens to be true, it's a prophetic death knell. This does nothing but discourage other developers from attempting original, unique titles for fear they'll get yanked after 6 months. Utterly ridiculous. :emoji_thumbsup:
Joseph

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Joseph, most games that sit on the shelves aren't reprinted - you'll get the initial couple of runs & that's it. It's only the huge sellers that get reprinted & reprinted.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
You also have to remember that JSRF contains large amounts of licensed music. They could have only licensed for a particular period

*hugs copy of JSRF*

Steven_V

Stunt Coordinator
You also have to remember that JSRF contains large amounts of licensed music. They could have only licensed for a particular period
Those of us who follow the gaming sales charts noticed that JSRF didn't even crack the top 20 for the month it was released. It would seem this decision is due to poor sales of the game. :frowning:

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
Perhaps I am just one of a small group of fanboys for the JSR series. My impression was that this was a widely ancticipated and appealing title, but that was obviously wrong.

Well, regarding the poor sales of JSRF.. there's no accounting for taste.

-j

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
My impression was that this was a widely ancticipated and appealing title, but that was obviously wrong.
It was, just like the original. Those people anticipating it just didn't buy it, just like the original which sold, to use a British term, "bugger all".

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Well, regarding the poor sales of JSRF.. there's no accounting for taste.
Well thats the thing Joseph, sales really weren't poor so to speak. IGN mentions that the game was a moderate success. In camparison with JGR sales (Of course none of us know what kind of exclusivity money they got from MS either) I think Sega is happy with the sales JSRF garnered (I can't remember where I read this but I remember hearing sales were around 400,000 worldwide, which isn't too bad if that number is even true, though that may have been numbers shipped). Though I'm still scratching my head as to why they would cut production so damn soon!

ChrisV

Second Unit
What gets me is I can still find stacks of Jet Grind Radio in the stores. How many of those bad boys did they make.

Actually, if you take into account what I paid for JGR it's not too bad: JGR - $15, JSRF - $80. which comes out to an average of $47.50 per game. Not too shabby.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Because despite the scaremongering, it's perfectly normal.
No doubt Brian but only six months after release? I'm sure there will be plenty of JSRF copies on store shelves for a time to come.(To be safe everyone should go buy their copy anyway)but six months just feels far to fast to stop production of the game.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
No doubt Brian but only six months after release?
Yes! Most games aren't even printed for half as long as that. It's only the huge hits that are reprinted & reprinted.

Look at the fuss over the REZ print run size earlier this year - Sega printed small runs instead of a huge initial one. IGN printed a scare story about it "going out of print". They were wrong - Sega just made a smart business decision to not stuff the retail channel. Look at the original JGR - tipped to be a huge hit by the press, it sold nowhere near as many as expected, and thus the shelves were creaking under the weight of unsold copies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks