What's new

GET.TV adding Nichols, Hondo, and A Man Called Shenadoah in Sept. (2 Viewers)

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
I thought I'd bring this back to page one for the DAN AUGUST and HAWK episodes showing on Get.TV this month starting tomorrow. (see post #80 for schedule.)

But also to post the YouTube link for the Dan August pilot, HOUSE ON GREENAPPLE ROAD, with Christopher George, Keenan Wynn, Janet Leigh, William Windom and tons of other familiar faces. There have been other uploads of this pilot but this one appears to be from the original THE ABC SUNDAY NIGHT MOVIE broadcast of Jan. 11, 1970. (Or maybe the ABC Movie stuff was just reattached to a later syndicated showing.) I remember this TV-Movie had a later start time than usual because of the blood spattered crime scene depicted, which was not the type of thing being done in 1970.

Last edited:

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Speaking of Hawk, I never checked the GET airings. I have mine from LBS from back in the 80s. They were remastered and lexiconned down to 46 minutes. Just curious if these are the same tapes being used or if they have longer versions of the show.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
I don't know. I have only seen the GetTV broadcasts and they have the pre-credit sequences, and the end credits come up on the bottom of the screen when there is still a minute or so of action left. I assume they are time-sped. They looked and sounded OK to me, but maybe I am just getting used to chipmunk talk.

Everyone in that DAN AUGUST pilot above has very slow deep voices.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
I have not been keeping track of GET-TV, lately.

But I happened to notice that they have been showing, "The Travels of Jaimie McPheeters". They are showing two episodes per week. Saturdays at 11:15 AM to 12:30 PM EST and Sundays, also at 11:15 AM to 12:30 PM, EST.

GET is showing "McPheeters", an 'hour' show, in an elongated 75-minute slot. So, the episodes should not be edited. This western was originally on ABC for the 1963-64 season and had 26 episodes, Starring Kurt Russell and Charles Bronson. So, if GET reruns them you could record the whole series in 13 weeks.

MGM filmed the last episode in color and added extra color footage and released the result as a feature film called, "Guns of Diablo"-1964. MGM later did this color expansion with some first season B&W episodes of "The Man From U.N.C.L.E".

"Guns of Diablo" shows on GRIT, often, and it is on YouTube. Nineteen episodes of "McPheeters" are up at YouTube, from old TNT airings.

I am surprised GET is still showing "Hondo", sometimes twice a week, after eight years. "Hondo" only had 17 episodes. That's a lot of reruns, since 2015. "Hondo" was released on WAC-DVD-R.

Last edited:

ponset

Screenwriter
Real Name
scott
1681969650561.png

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks