What's new

Get Smart! (1 Viewer)

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Jeff# said:
It doesn't resemble a phone booth from those photos, Gord! :)
Good to see you were able to get Get Smart! a couple of weeks before the rest of us. Is Time-Life shipping them out starting on the 15th, or are we supposed to get them in the mail by the 15th, if you know?
No, I said that I didn't get the phone booth packaging yet - it's not ready.
They're going to send them out the week of the 13th.
Gord

Jeff#

Screenwriter
Ok, Gord. I didn't notice your intro on that page regarding the phone booth box set until I read it just now. It's good to know they will be shipping the week of the 13th . Thanks for the info. :)

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Gord, and all of you "Get Smart" HTF'er out there :) Thanks for the posts and the info. I probably wouldn't have decided to get this set otherwise. It's a great series but it wasn't on my "must-have" list until I saw the info and details on this set. Thanks Gord for the ship date. Saves me the trouble of searching this thread or looking at the T-L site for it. This one's an early "Santa" gift from "Santa" to "Santa" (I'm "Santa" to my Mom & nephew anyway)
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif
And, after all these years, I'm finally an "easy-shop" for Xmas. TV/DVD's.......Yesssssss
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif

bignev44

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Neville Johnson
Thank you very much for the pic of the set Goed,they look very nice,i cant wait to get mine!

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
I'm just so impressed with the way Time-Life handled this release. They start by giving us the entire series in a collector's box which holds sets we can take out and display on our shelf. There are (gasp) lots of extras for a classic show. It's almost as though some people cared about the product they were releasing, and wanted to put together the best possible set.
Gord

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Gord Lacey said:
I'm just so impressed with the way Time-Life handled this release. They start by giving us the entire series in a collector's box which holds sets we can take out and display on our shelf. There are (gasp) lots of extras for a classic show. It's almost as though some people cared about the product they were releasing, and wanted to put together the best possible set.
Gord
Compared how larger studio like Fox ceremoniously Dump shows like M*A*S*H* on DVD you are absolutely correct.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
yay... I can't wait to get this series! I remember coming from home from school every day and turning my tv on to channel 18 to watch Get Smart. Nothing could tear me away from it.

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
ahh, yes....I used to love GS.

I still remember the episode when they had a robot(?) agent named "Hymie"

As 86, 99 and Hymie leave a conference room, Smart says to Hymie, the last one out, to "Kill the lights, will ya"

So Hymie pulls out a gun and shoots the lightbulb out.

I nearly had a heart attack laughing at 12 years old

Jeff#

Screenwriter
Oh, Hymie was seen semi-regularly during the 5 years of the original series, and Dick Gautier got to play him one last time in "Get Smart Again!" in 1989. Hymie the robot was one of the highlights of the Get Smart series....and typing of lights, that episode you cited had Hymie briefly lighting a bulb up in his mouth. That joke was swiped from Uncle Fester of The Addams Family! :laugh:
Sometimes I wonder if the producers ever considered a spinoff with Hymie. Maybe it's a good thing they didn't, because a sitcom about a robot and his human police detective partner called "Holmes & Yoyo" premiered in 1976 and it was a disaster.

Phyll

Stunt Coordinator
I think this set looks great! And no-I don't think it is overpriced. Does anybody know if you can order this without a credit card? I emailed them and they haven't responded. The main reason I don't think the set is overpriced is that fact that you get all the seasons at once and you don't have to wonder if more will be released. I think more shows should be done this way.

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
Sorry. This was a duplicate post but I'll add another image anyway. I hope they're not too big.

According to the aforementioned website, the first thing that pops up is the HBO logo, then the menu and that's it. The menus feature animation and video (in the circle - see above). Can't wait!

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
The menus and the package artwork look great. I'm also happy that the entire series is being released together. Let's hope this does well so that other releases will follow suit. No more wondering whether season 3 or 4 will show up.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
I went through season 1 and recorded all the times of the episodes (they're uncut!) and bonus material, took screen shots, cover art....anyway, check out the news item I just posted to the site:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6587
I'll do the same thing for the other seasons; I hope to get 1 up a day (it took me about 2 hours to pull all that together!)
Gord

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks