What's new

Get Smart! (1 Viewer)

DanFe

Second Unit
Ron,
Sorry I didn't provide the link to the page I got it from, but usually these codes are just letters and numbers provided w/o a link to them. Basically, I did a search on google for time-life coupons since I remembered they often have coupons available. If I were anyone reading this thread, I would wait until one of these 15% codes comes up again. They will and as someone else also provided another 15% code, I would check that one out and see if it works.
Edit: LKMD59 indeed does work.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Mark,

Thanks for the coupon!

Can anyone just post a URL where the coupon will work?

If not, a number to phone order please?

Thanks!

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
I pre-orderd my set from Time-Life as soon as I clicked on the link from TVShowsonDVD (thanks again, Gord, for posting that info!) on Friday Sept. 15...can't wait as I loved watching this show in syndication as a kid and the extras sound phenomenal! Was also very pleased with the option to buy the whole series at once instead of waiting in drips and drabs for them to get around to releasing the next season tho I'm soon to wrap up several series that I've wanted to complete with the pending arrivals of final seasons.
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

DanFe

Second Unit
Ronald Epstein said:
Mark,
Thanks for the coupon!
Can anyone just post a URL where the coupon will work?
If not, a number to phone order please?
Thanks!
Ron, you need to put the letters/numbers in a box after you put the item you want in your cart and go to purchase. It's on the left side of the screen.

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor
I just wish others would follow the Time Life lead and do a complete run right off the bat. I get tired of having these things drag on for years.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
I don't see why not. You Canadians import a lot of things from us "Yanks", so why not our Get Smart DVDs too? :)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
According to WouldYouBelieve.com the set is only being released in North America.
http://wouldyoubelieve.com/dvd.html
I also think releasing the full series at once is a great idea, instead of the other way around. Here's hoping that when they finally get around to releasing 1966's Batman on DVD, they do the same thing.

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter
Sam Favate said:
According to WouldYouBelieve.com the set is only being released in North America.
http://wouldyoubelieve.com/dvd.html
I also think releasing the full series at once is a great idea, instead of the other way around. Here's hoping that when they finally get around to releasing 1966's Batman on DVD, they do the same thing.
Here's hoping that when they finally get around to releasing 1966's Batman on DVD, that we're still alive!

Louis_P

Stunt Coordinator
I e-mailed timelife.ca and here's what they wrote back...

"Dear Mr. Panagakos:

Thank you for contacting Time Life, I would be happy to assist you.

Unfortunately, we currently do not have the rights to sell GET SMART to our Canadian customers.

If you know someone in the US who would accept delivery of the order for you, we would be happy to send the order to them. You would need to make arrangements with your credit card company to accept their address as your billing address.

I apologize for any disappointment this may have caused.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any further assistance.

Sincerely,

Bobbie Weiss

e-Commerce Department

Time Life Customer Service"

Lame!!

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Louis:
Check out WouldYouBelieve.com and the Yahoo Groups Get Smart group. Arrangements are being made for Canadian fans who want to buy the series. The group is setting up a US address to which the sets can be shipped, and then shipped to Canada

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
MatthewLouwrens said:
I hope that's wrong. Back in this article, Gord said there would be a region 4 release, and hopefully that is still the case.
Technically, THIS set is only being released in North America. There will be a release in Australia (region 4), that will supposedly contain the same extras, but in a different configuration.
Also, BTW, more extras will be on the set than are listed. A series of Don Adams' commercials (made in character) were recently added.

Jeff Swindoll

Supporting Actor
FYI, Special features of the set from a press release:
25 DVDs in special collectors packaging
5 eight-page booklets with liner notes written by actor Dave Ketchum (Agent 13) and Alan Spencer, creator of the TV comedy series Sledge Hammer! and contributor to the feature film Get Smart Again
All 138 Original unedited episodes (1965-70) with new introductions by Barbara Feldon
9 Audio commentaries with Barbara Feldon, Mel Brooks, James Caan, Don Rickles, Buck Henry, Leonard Stern, Bernie Kopell, and Bill Dana
5 On-camera interviews with Barbara Feldon, Buck Henry, Bruce Bilson, Bernie Kopell, and Leonard Stern
5 Featurettes: The Secret History of Get Smart, Barbara Feldon: Real Model to Role Model, Spooks, Spies, Gadgets and Gizmos, Code Words and Catch Phrases, and The Fans of Get Smart"
Never-Before-Seen Bloopers!
2003 Museum of Television & Radio Get Smart Reunion seminar featuring Don Adams, Barbara Feldman, Bernie Kopell, Leonard Stern and Bruce Bilson
Don Adams 75th Birthday Roast at the Playboy Mansion
Footage from Don Adams 2005 memorial service with tributes from Barbara Feldon, Don Rickles and many others
Fun interactive features: CONTROL Entrance Exam, Maxs Apartment, The Chiefs Office, Agent 99s Purse, Maxs Sunbeam Tiger
Footage from all 7 EMMY® award wins and acceptance speeches
1964 Top Brass hair care TV commercial that won Barbara Feldon the Agent 99 role
1964 Clip from Don Adams guest-starring appearance on The Bill Dana Show the Maxwell Smart character is born!
Clips from Don Adams three guest-starring appearances on The Andy Williams Show
Behind-the-Scenes footage, Get Smart promotional spots and much, much more!

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
MarcoBiscotti said:
Can this be ordered through TIME LIFE CANADA?
What about us canucks?
Marco, it'll be available in Canada once TimeLife.ca gets their act together and has it listed. Time-Life has the rights to release the set in the US, Canada and Australia, nowhere else. That makes it impossible for them to ship it to the UK, or any other country. For some reason no one bothered to talk to the Canadian site about taking orders, but I've been bugging them about it since Friday (bugging high-up people, not customer service people). I'm told it'll be up on the site later today, but I expect it to be another few days (saying something and doing something are very different). I'm interested in what the Canadian price will be...
Gord

Jeff#

Screenwriter
Jeff Swindoll said:
Actually Adams was a regular on "The Bill Dana Show", and his character name was Byron Glick -- the hotel detective where Jose Jimenez worked.

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
As soon as TimeLife.ca has it listed, I'm buying all five seasons. I haven't seen too many episodes since it aired on YTV in Canada a loooong time ago (and they didn't air the pilot, the entire fifth season and "A Man Called Smart" pts. 1-3), but I have fond memories. As a kid I faced ridicule from my friends because I owned The Life and Times of Maxwell Smart, a fantastic book on the history of the series (I still have it in my personal library). I guess I'll have to settle with a repeat viewing of Get Smart, Again! on DVD.

Is the fifth season reasonably good? I know the series started to decline gradually into the fourth year, but all I know about the last year involves the twins and episode titles/synopses.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks