What's new

Get Shorty Collector's Edition Feb 22 (1 Viewer)

Dmitry

Supporting Actor
Hooray! Considering I got my current Get Shorty DVD for $1.85 S&H when I bought one of the first James Bond sets, it'll be a no-brainer for me!

Patrick H.

Second Unit
"I've seen better film on TEETH!" Oh man, I use that one ALL the time. Not to mention I've never been able to watch Touch of Evil without hearing "You're goin' down, Orson!" HAH!

I'm really looking forward to this one, even with the promo fluff for the sequel. Sonnenfeld commentaries are always a treat...his track on MIB II justified the purchase for me.

ArthurMy

Supporting Actor
I found the transfer to be on the soft side. I didn't have the older DVD so have nothing to compare it to. The extras are okay - not my cuppa in terms of style (talking heads and clips), but there's some interesting information passed on.

Jeremy Brupaste

Stunt Coordinator
Yep, MGM lost another sale from me as well thanks to their bilingual packaging. In this case, it's especially terrible, because whatever Get Shorty's called in French is literally about seven or eight words. And, since the English and French titles are given equal sizing on the spine, the bloody thing looks like it's from France. It's easier to see the French on it than the English.

So, whatever MGM. I'll do without.

Ocean Phoenix

Supporting Actor
I feel your pain, guys. This has been one of my most anticipated DVD releases for a long time, and it's a bummer that I can't buy it right away because of the lame packaging. However, I'm not surprised by this bilingual business because I realized a few weeks ago that the packaging would be bilingual.

I realized this when I observed that all recent MGM DVDs have bilingual packaging. I'll be asking people I know to pick one up for me while they're in the U.S. I hope enough people avoid buying the Canadian version just like us, so that perhaps one day this absurd packaging crap will end.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Not only is the cover and spine disgraced... but there's even a large text block beside the special features that appears almost twice the size of the actual special features heading itself that reads... "VERSIONS FRANCAIS NE SONT PAS INCLUSES" or something to that extent. :rolleyes:

It's not enough that we have bilingual packaging on our DVD releases... but now we have bilingual packaging alerting us when our DVD releases are NOT bilingual!

Jeremy Brupaste

Stunt Coordinator
In French it's called...wait for it...

"C'est le petit qu'il nous faut"

So imagine that given equal sizing on the cover to:

"Get Shorty"

And you'll begin to understand the anger.

Ocean Phoenix

Supporting Actor
A friend studying French tells me that this roughly translates to "It is the little that is necessary to us", or "It is the little that we need". Hilarious, but almost sounds philosophical/deep.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks