Get Shorty Collector's Edition Feb 22

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Shane_M, Oct 4, 2004.

1. Shane_M

Shane_M Stunt Coordinator

From EyeCraveDVD.com

------------------

February 22nd John Travolta, Danny DeVito, Gene Hackman, Rene Russo, James Gandolfini, and Dennis Farina will appear together on you screen once again with this collector's edition DVD set.

The set will feature 1.85:1 Anamorphic Widescreen along with Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS 5.1. The first disc will feature a feature-length audio commentary by director Barry Sonnenfeld.

Disc two will feature the following:

"Get Shorty: Look At Me"
    Half-hour featurette on the creation of the film from book to script to screen, featuring film clips, behind-the-scenes footage and new interviews with John Travolta, Danny DeVito, Gene Hackman, Rene Russo, Sonnenfeld, author Elmore Leonard and screenwriter
    Scott Frank.

"Get Shorty: Wiseguys And Dolls"
    Featurette on the actors and their characters, including Russo, Delroy Lindo, Dennis Farina, James Gandolfini, Harvey Keitel, with new interviews, film clips and behind-the-scenes footage.

"Deleted Graveyard Scene"
    Never-before-seen deleted scene, featuring Travolta, Hackman and a young Ben Stiller, with a vintage interview with Stiller and a new interview with Sonnenfeld.

"Going Again"
    A behind-the scenes look at one scene with Travolta, DeVito and Russo, featuring behind-the-scenes footage, various ad-lib outtakes by DeVito, a narration by Sonnenfeld and cast interviews.

"Get Shorty Party Reel"
    Reel of bloopers and outtakes, as shown to the cast and crew at the film’s wrap party.

"Page To Screen"
    Full-length Bravo special on the making of the film.

Photo gallery
    24 behind-the-scenes still photos.

Original theatrical trailer as shown in theatres.

Easter eggs
    Four hidden features, including:
    - "Silent Schmuck" (with Sonnenfeld)
    - "Cappuccino" (with Sonnenfeld)
    - "Radio Show" (with DeVito)
    - "I Bought The Book" (with DeVito)

Sneak peek at the upcoming theatrical sequel Be Cool, in theatres March 4th.

------------------

There will also be a free ticket to see the sequel included in the package.

2. Bradley-E

Bradley-E Screenwriter

Awesome! I've been hoping for this.

3. Francois Caron

Francois Caron Cinematographer

Francois Caron

It was available on the Laserdisc edition, and it's the passage I remember the most. Too bad it didn't really fit into the movie. I can understand why it was left out.

4. Ocean Phoenix

Ocean Phoenix Supporting Actor

I will now type what I said out loud when I saw the title of this thread- YEAH! This is the one I've been wishing for more than any other special edition DVD. To the person who started this thread, thank you very much, you just made my day.

5. Bill GrandPre

Bill GrandPre Cinematographer

I almost bought the old version a couple months ago but with "Be Cool" finally in production, I was absolutely certain that a better version would be released.

6. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

YES!!!

7. Shane_M

Shane_M Stunt Coordinator

You're welcome [​IMG]

8. Joel C

Joel C Screenwriter

A young Ben Stiller? The one who had already starred in his own show and directed his own films?

9. Amy Mormino

Amy Mormino Supporting Actor

There's nothing more predictable now than a new special edition of the original movie when the sequel is set for release. That said, this re-release is long overdue and the extras look pretty good.

10. ChadMcCallum

ChadMcCallum Second Unit

Yay! I have the old disc but I only paid $10 for it so its not a big hit in the wallet, espically with the free ticket to "Be Cool". [​IMG]

11. Randy_M

Randy_M Supporting Actor

Randy Margolis
    This is one of my all time favorite comedies...I think I've watched the first DVD version about 10 times. Can't wait for this one!

12. Shane Martin

Shane Martin Producer

I needed to replace the Laserdisc anyway. This is good news!

13. Joe Reinwald

Joe Reinwald Stunt Coordinator

Double-dipping this one in a heartbeat! This is one of my favorite movies-about-movies. Don't forget, it's also got a then-relatively-unknown James Gandolfini with his different-color hibiscus shits. "I've seen better film on
    teeth." "You speak very good English, Mr. Escobar." This is such a quotable flick!

-Joe

14. JonBoriss

JonBoriss Stunt Coordinator

About time! I never bought the first but I will definitely get this one. I hope Be Cool is good.

15. Joe Reinwald

Joe Reinwald Stunt Coordinator

I agree, I hope Be Cool is good as well. The book was, IMHO, not nearly as "fun" to read as Get Shorty was, though it may because of my familiarity with Get Shorty... I can see a spin-off thread--best Elmore Leonard-based movies.

16. Steve_Knutzen

Steve_Knutzen Screenwriter

This looks to be as good "that Miami Vice Action Spectacular."

17. Brent M

Brent M Producer

I hope this release has a new transfer because the old DVD looks absolutely AWFUL. It's pretty cool that this and the new Heat: SE are coming out on the same day. [​IMG]

18. Kain_C

Kain_C Screenwriter

YES!! About time!

I am really starting to dig this new trend of including a free movie ticket with the DVD. That adds like about 1/3rd more value on average per DVD. My Batman TAS came with a Catwoman ticket that I never used regrettably (I really wanted to see how bad it truly was) but I did use the AvP ticket that came with the Predator SE. Glad I didn't waste money on that POS film.

19. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee

Both could stand improvement. The most noticeable issue seems to be a general lack of contrast or sort of haze to the picture. This could have been just the state of the art in 1997...If the PQ is improved on both I'm definitely in.

20. dave bula

dave bula Stunt Coordinator

I wonder if we'll be seeing any more adaptations of Elmore Leonard's westerns. Or improved releases of some that have already been done, such as Valdez Is Coming.