What's new

Get ready Orlando, here we come! (1 Viewer)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Cees, what's that restaurant? :)

We are going to Universal in a couple of weeks. I haven't been in 20 years!

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Aaron,Sorry, I really don't remember the name.It was already changing (into a kind of multi-store building) one of the last times we were there, so I don't even know if and how it exists nowadays.I'm sure you won't need to starve on the Turnpike, though. :) Cees

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Cees Alons said:
I'm sure you won't need to starve on the Turnpike, though. :)
I'm sure you can rustle up some grub somewhere on the main drag...

blackdiamondstore.jpg

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
At the end of next week we're leaving for Miami for a 2-days stay. Some spot with "Beach" in it. We won't be in Orlando, though.
I'll think of you, Tony, when "testing" the weather!

Cees

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Cees Alons said:
At the end of next week we're leaving for Miami for a 2-days stay. Some spot with "Beach" in it. We won't be in Orlando, though.
I'll think of you, Tony, when "testing" the weather!
Cees: Watch out for the guys wearing the black hats.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
We havent beenthere yet. Just Epcot and Hollywood so far.

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
Head east on 528 and go see Atlantis at the Kennedy Space Center. Way more impressive than any theme park, and you're just standing there staring.

We were there on Monday after taking a labor day weekend cruise out of Port Canaveral.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
We have been over there, but it was cl8sed. We just went for a drive and thats where we ended up.The parks arent impressive anyway just simply fun.Today we went up north a bit to Winter Park and then Winter Garden. Both for some terrific little farmers markets.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
The new Fantasyland was partially complete last time we were there. Rapunzel's Tower was neat looking, and there was a very nice bathroom by it. :)

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Yeah, and I thought the cottage, for the Enchanted Tales With Belle attraction, was nice looking as well. Though, I thought the attraction itself was a letdown! Even if the special effects are really good! But I did like The Little Mermaid Ride, and the Be Our Guest restaurant looked interesting enough. I did not get to eat there though.So far, the new Fantasyland is a mixed bag for me, as I am still not happy that the Snow White ride was shut down. Though it does not hurt nearly as much as the closure of Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Walter C said:
Though it does not hurt nearly as much as the closure of Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.
+1. Merrilly, merrily on the road to nowhere in particular..

Our family would always scream out the road signs we would encounter on the way through the ride (to heighten the experience). Our favorite sign was "Ruts!" We still will yell out ruts to this day whenever we are driving on a poorly maintained road.

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
Mike, when in Nov. are you going? I'll be there with the family Nov. 2 - Nov. 9, also known as Jersey Week since it's during the teacher's convention.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
We don't get down until a week later or so, Bob.

This'll be the first time for my wife and I to visit Mickey without kids. Should make it an entirely difference experience than what we are used to. :biggrin:

A leisurely pace is what we both are really looking forward to...rather than trying to cram as many rides and other stuff into the hours any given park is open. We're hoping to stop and smell and cookies (baking on Main Street), as it were.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation661
Recent bookmarks