What's new

Get ready for "Superbit- Deluxe-" DVDs..... (1 Viewer)

DanR

Supporting Actor
Wow, I'm surprised this thread in somewhat cynical. A lot of people have been saying this is what CTHV should have done from the beginning with their SuperBit line. Now, they are doing it, and most people criticize them for listening.

Another thing I don't understand is why some people have a problem with a company differentiating it's product. CTHV has created a special line of product, and they call it SuperBit. Who cares what they call it, as long as the end product is great.

For those wondering whether Blackhawk Down will be a Superbit Deluxe, I wouldn't hold your breath. A few people from CTHV were interviewed in a recent Widescreen Review. I believe they said the Superbit designation would be reserved for re-releases. Of course, this Superbit Deluxe is a change in their strategy for this line, so maybe they are going to re-evaluate thier other Superbit policies as well.

Regards,

Dan

Rob T

Screenwriter
Wow, I'm surprised this thread in somewhat cynical. A lot of people have been saying this is what CTHV should have done from the beginning with their SuperBit line. Now, they are doing it, and most people criticize them for listening.
well they should have been smart enough to do it this way from the beginning. I think thats why most people are criticizing CTHV on this.

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
Well, seeing that CTHV has reversed its Superbit policy, why continue with the critisism? Releasing 2 disc sets is in essence them saying they made a mistake. I give them credit for trying, but I think they realized that the improvements were marginal. If it's not an overwhelming improvement, then dropping the extras wouldn't make alot of sense.

Bruce

Luis A

Second Unit
I'm pleased by this news. Superbit, Superbit Deluxe, Superbit Super Size w/ fries & Coke. I'm all for it, BRING IT ON!
L

Tom De Rosa

Stunt Coordinator
Tell that to those people who are going to "have" to buy THE PATRIOT for the 3rd time in 1 1/2 years.
Not me, I just have the first release and will likely stick with it.
This re-re-re-re-release stuff has got to end.
I just saw that there is ANOTHER version of PREDATOR coming. That makes 3, so far.
This happened late in the game with Laserdiscs, but mostly due to Dolby Digital AC-3 and THX upgrades. Now, they just keep pumping out product.
Memento, now Memento Special Edition. How many versions could a woddchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
Just get it right the first time.
And as long as there are suckers buying everything being released, they will keep priming the pump.
We should all just wait for the 2nd release, just to make a point.

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
We should all just wait for the 2nd release, just to make a point.
so do it. who's stopping you?

at this point in the game, we should all be well forewarned that any DVD release is subject to a future release with more extras. if you like the movie enough to buy it right away, there's no need to complain about a re-release; you should've expected it. if you never want to face the possibility of a re-release making your purchase obsolete, then never buy anything.

DJ

Brian Ralph

Stunt Coordinator
I'm pleased by this news. Superbit, Superbit Deluxe, Superbit Super Size w/ fries & Coke. I'm all for it, BRING IT ON!
You want a SuperBit version of Bring It On! ??? ;)

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Tom,

Respectfully, this may not be the hobby for you.

-Phil (who almost never buys re-releases, even is keeping my LD collection)

Luis A

Second Unit
" You want a Superbit version of Bring It On! ???"
I think you mean an "Ultimate Edition" since Bring It On is from Universal, and the only way I'd buy that is if Kirsten Dunst shows the boobies.:)
L

Jon_W

Stunt Coordinator
From what I know there has only been one version of The Patriot , with Mel Gibson

Norm Lalonde

Stunt Coordinator
I'm all for the Superbit Deluxe. I certainly hope they do a Spider-Man Superbit Deluxe for later this year.

But I do think they should forget about a regular editions and go straight to the Superbit editions.

Norm

RobR

Second Unit
This doesn't change my stance on the Superbit as there still isn't any Superbit titles worth buying.

RobR

Second Unit
and others may say that Gattaca or Crouching Tiger, Flying Dragon is worth a purchase. I just don't think any of the titles released so far on Superbit is worth buying, and, yes, I'm aware it's just my own opinion.

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
Do you think that we will see Black Hawk Down as a Superbit Deluxe DVD?

This doesn't change my stance on the Superbit as there still isn't any Superbit titles worth buying.
I agree 100%. The Superbit titles are so bad that I am beginning to lose all interest in Suberbit DVDs period.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks