What's new

Get paid to watch DVD movies! (1 Viewer)

I am the supervisor at a DVD testing facility, located in Burbank, CA and right now I am currently interviewing people for QC (quality control) positions to watch DVD movies and check their compatibility in a wide matrix of players. Our clients include major studios and specialty clients.

I am looking for full-time QC operators. Knowledge of DVD’s is a plus (how they navigate, anamorphic vs. non-anamorphic, etc.).

If this sound interesting to you, please give me a call at (818) 845-3223, between 10am and 5 pm and/or fax me your resume at (818) 845-3236.

Look forward to hearing from you.

P.S. Thank you, Parker for allowing me to post this among fellow DVD enthusiasts.

Allan Jayne

Senior HTF Member
A note of caution: Viewers considering participating should:
1. Not send advance registration fees,
2. Not purchase kits or other materials needed for the auditions but not for ordinary home theater enjoyment,
3. Not purchase DVD's they would not purchase anyway for their own enjoyment.
4. Not purchase DVD players that they would not have purchased anyway,
5. Not take out advertising or do soliciting to obtain the DVD's to audition.
Any reputable firm seeking to employ viewers to audition DVD's will provide any and all materials needed free of charge and free of shipping charge, pay the viewer in advance for insured return shipping if that is to be done, and not impose any of the above requirements.
Video hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm

I'm afraid I didn't make myself clear. The job entails working "on site" at our facilityin Burbank, CA. I'm sorry for the confusion.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Thats fine. The above advice is still very good because someone might see this, and then see something similar somewhere else and its good to make people aware and to think critically about what they get involved in.
The positions you are advertising sound kinda cool. Too bad I'm far away :)

StaceyS

Stunt Coordinator
Adam, are you the old Testronics facility? Just curios as I knew Richard when he was there.

I would like to talk with you, but not for a job. I would like to see someone police MPEG encoding. Authoring is still subpar when it comes to the flags. Getting a 480p DVD player that relied 100% on the flags would be a good test. You could then point to the studios that their authoring was not progressive friendly.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Stacey has an excellent point! I'd love to see pull down flags get a thourough testing in this stage as well!

-Vince

StaceyS

Stunt Coordinator
well Vince, I have decided to lead by example and take on the task myself. I am going to start reviewing the MPEG encoding on DVDs. The first one went live today with more to follow. I need to find a good formula for presenting the content as it is an unusual thing to do, but we need it. The first film drops to video 25 times. I have another upcoming one that drops to video 1 time.
Link Removed
I hope someone finds it useful or interesting. :)

yekai

Grip
Stacey,
There is a good test disc for you:
A Few Good Man from Columbia Pictures

This disc have 4X3 and 16X9 version on the same disc.
In the 16X9 version, there is no problem.

In the 4x3 version, there are so many combing errors.
Such as at 5'20".

I have checked with Faroudja, Silcion Image.
They just told me that it is due to Bad Edit.

yekai

Grip
Stacy,
I also found that the Chroma Upsamling Error becomes very important for HDD/DVD+RW recoder.
As I am designing the Progressive Scan part for a HDD player, I record a Movie in our labortory. The DVD player to play the Movie disc has such problem. And the HDD recoder has the same problem two.
So, it becomes very ugly.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks