Get Out (2017)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Title: Get Out (2017)

Tagline: Just because you're invited, doesn't mean you're welcome.

Genre: Mystery, Thriller, Horror

Director: Jordan Peele

Cast: Daniel Kaluuya, Allison Williams, Catherine Keener, Bradley Whitford, Caleb Landry Jones, Marcus Henderson, Betty Gabriel, Lakeith Stanfield, Stephen Root, LilRel Howery, Ashley LeConte Campbell, Caren L. Larkey, Julie Ann Doan, Rutherford Cravens, Geraldine Singer, Richard Herd, Erika Alexander, Jeronimo Spinx, Ian Casselberry, Trey Burvant, Sean Paul Braud, Zailand Adams, Jana Allen, Ben Ladner, Lory Tom Thompson Sr., Michael Amstutz, Gary Wayne Loper, Jack Teague, Jamie Gliddon, Matthew McCrocklin, Evan Shafran, Lyle Brocato, Jordan Peele

Release: 2017-02-24

Runtime: 104

Plot: Chris and his girlfriend Rose go upstate to visit her parents for the weekend. At first, Chris reads the family's overly accommodating behavior as nervous attempts to deal with their daughter's interracial relationship, but as the weekend progresses, a series of increasingly disturbing discoveries lead him to a truth that he never could have imagined.

Seriously. Get outta here. 100% at Rotten Tomatoes.

TOMATOMETER
100%
Average Rating: 8.3/10
Reviews Counted: 133
Fresh: 133
Rotten: 0

Critics Consensus: Funny, scary, and thought-provoking, Get Out seamlessly weaves its trenchant social critiques into a brilliantly effective and entertaining horror/comedy thrill ride.

Anyone here see it yet? No Spoilers please.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Never will you underestimate the TSA again! A slow simmer of a twilight zone-esque horror flick with some race relations commentary (or not).

I give it 2.75 stars or a grade of B-.

steve jaros

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
Never will you underestimate the TSA again! A slow simmer of a twilight zone-esque horror flick with some race relations commentary (or not).

I give it 2.75 stars or a grade of B-.

I like your twilight-zone reference, that fits what this film is trying to do, at least in part.

I liked it, but the 100% tomato rating shows a limitation of that rating system, in that it just records thumbs up or down, not how good or bad the critic felt the film was. It would shock me if anyone who saw Get Out regards this film as being even in the same galaxy as Goodfellas or the Godfather, but if 50/50 critics think a film is a 7/10 film, it will have a 100% rating, not a 70% rating, which is about what this movie deserves.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I saw it tonight, and thought it was great. On a surface level, it's a taut effective horror movie with no wasted scenes and a structure where each reveal builds on the ones before. But it also works as a biting satirical piece, and as a black comedy.

And I don't think I've ever seen a bigger crowd reaction than a key moment in this movie's final scene.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks