What's new

Get Christy Love! (1 Viewer)

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I don't know if this has ever been posted before or not, but I just found out that the TV pilot movie is out on DVD. It's available at Amazon. I don't know how much restoration may or may not have been done with this. Hopefuly since this has made it out, the series might see the light of day on DVD too.

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
This is one of a number of made-for-TV films that supposedly has fallen into the public domain. "Get Christy Love" is available on a variety of low budget labels specializing in public domain material; in fact, I actually saw this on a "dollar DVD" some time ago. I seriously doubt that any of these PD releasing companies has a restored version.

JeffWld

Stunt Coordinator
It's from a 16mm station print. Don't expect pristine quality, but it is complete and fairly watchable.

As for the series, it's owned by Universal. Enough said.

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
The pilot has been a staple of PD VHS and DVD companies for a long time. Indeed, I just saw it at Walgreens for $1.00!

I've never seen the series.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Thanks. I didn't know it had fallen into Public Domain. I'd still like to pick it up just to have it since I've never seen it.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
They should do this series right and get Tarantino to do a commentary.:emoji_thumbsup:

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor
Many of these made for TV movies have been bootlegged by companies and put out as DVD releases, mainly for the reason that the companies don't have the time or inclination to bother about them. Oh, and it's Get CHRISTIE Love by the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks