What's new

International Get Carter BFI 4K UHD & Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

titch

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
The BFI are releasing their second 4K UHD, after The Seventh Seal, with the seminal 1971 British gangster film on July 25th. A limited edition remastered blu-ray will be released separately on the same date (the BFI's blu-rays are region 'B' locked). Will be great to replace the anaemic Warner BD-25 from 2014.

615rU0-ZM-L._AC_SL1068_.jpg

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Thanks for the "heads-up." I saw this film when it was first released and since then once on television but I don't have it in my collection.

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
Just bear in mind, while the 4K disc is region free and will play ANYWHERE in the world, the remastered Blu will be region B locked. So, if you're not set up for 4K and you buy this, you won't be getting what you're looking for. Also, ALL of the extra features are Blu-ray disc only and also WILL NOT PLAY in region A. Just be aware when you make your purchase!

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
Just bear in mind, while the 4K disc is region free and will play ANYWHERE in the world, the remastered Blu will be region B locked. So, if you're not set up for 4K and you buy this, you won't be getting what you're looking for. Also, ALL of the extra features are Blu-ray disc only and also WILL NOT PLAY in region A. Just be aware when you make your purchase!

Very good info and another reason to consider this:
As has been pointed out many times on this forum there is such a thing as multiregion players or some just have two Blu-ray players, one for region A and one for region B. As a classic movie lover playback capability for at least region A and region B is essential.

Last edited:

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Very good info and another reason to consider this:
As has been pointed out many times on this forum there is such a thing as multiregion players or some just have two Blu-ray players, one for region A and one for region B. As a classic movie lover playback capability for at least region A and region B is essential.
I'm one of those who have two separate players, one for each region.

compson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert
If you have the space that is the most simple solution and it also gives you a backup player if one of the two fails.
Unless you want to watch a DVD from Australia or a Blu-ray from China. For those, you’ll need a player that has been modified to play discs from all regions.

titch

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
It's actually their third UHD. They released The Proposition.
You're right, of course. It's received tremendous reviews for the picture and audio quality, as well as the supplements, so the British Film Institute are doing quality legacy releases for their 4K UHDs. Will expect Get Carter to be stellar.

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
Unless you want to watch a DVD from Australia or a Blu-ray from China. For those, you’ll need a player that has been modified to play discs from all regions.

Obviously you will miss some regions with that approach but covering the two biggest regions goes a long way.

I prefer to have one player set to region A and one to region B with one of them also giving me an option to switch - best of both worlds.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I prefer to have one player set to region A and one to region B with one of them also giving me an option to switch - best of both worlds.

Yep. That's what I do as well, particularly since switching regions for BDs (on an Oppo anyway) can be a bit of a nuisance. And having 2 players splitting playback duty (including for music-only playback) probably makes them last longer in the long run. I split mine primarily between a Panny 420 (for 4K and most region A BDs) and Oppo 103 (mainly for region B BDs plus universal music disc playback, including SACDs) in my main HT setup...

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bytor104
Recent bookmarks