What's new

Get a Life (1 Viewer)

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor
The Obsolete Man said:
The rumor mill (actually, Chris Elliot) is saying that Shout may be giving us the complete Get A Life by the end of 2012
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Life-The-Complete-Series/16755
Of course, there's always the question of whether REM's Stand will remain as the theme song, but even if it doesn't, I'm okay with it being replaced as long as the episodes are otherwise unedited.
I mean, Stand would be nice, but it was cut from the show last time it was aired on TV in 2000, when USA aired it at noon.
Just because it wasn't in recent syndicated cuts, doesn't automatically mean it won't be on the DVD. Police Squad had some of its original songs replaced by generic soundalikes, yet the DVD release put the original songs back in.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
vnisanian2001 said:
Just because it wasn't in recent syndicated cuts, doesn't automatically mean it won't be on the DVD. Police Squad had some of its original songs replaced by generic soundalikes, yet the DVD release put the original songs back in.
Actually, right after I posted here, I got a reply over at the Shout boards that, as far as anyone knows, Stand is intact.
If that holds true until release date, this is going to be one great set. Even without Stand, it would still be a damn good set.

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor
The Obsolete Man said:
Actually, right after I posted here, I got a reply over at the Shout boards that, as far as anyone knows, Stand is intact.
If that holds true until release date, this is going to be one great set. Even without Stand, it would still be a damn good set.
Wait a minute. YOU are ElectricPeterTork?

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
vnisanian2001 said:
Wait a minute. YOU are ElectricPeterTork?
Yeah.
I just don't pop up at the Shout boards too often anymore since they... uh... lack moderation. But in the case of something big like a Get A Life announcement, well, why not pop in to see if you can get some extra information?
This is one of those shows I've wanted to see since the two Rhino discs came out, and we were teased with season sets years ago.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Very Excited for this if true. Of course, Elliot did suggest that Sony would be putting out the show a few years back and that when nowhere (There was speculation of possible legal issues involving David Mirkin at the time)
However, Elliot seems a bit more sure this time, even indicating the time frame when he's going to be doing special features for the release (He did also say when he talked about a GAL release a few years ago that he had recorded commentaries. Maybe Sony wouldn't license the tracks he did already so he has to record new ones for a Shout release)

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
Another of my long sought series coming to DVD!!
I have the four episode sampler that came out years ago but can't wait to see this whole series again!!
While the first season was definately the strongest, this is gonna be a package well worth buying!!!!

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Definitely a must-have set for me.

I wonder if the episodes will have the laugh track-free option, as the Rhino DVDs did.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
MatthewA said:
Definitely a must-have set for me.
I wonder if the episodes will have the laugh track-free option, as the Rhino DVDs did.
This is great news! Get a Life was off ball show, but Chris Elliot was amazing on the show. I just hope this means that the George Carlin show in 1990s will also make it to dvd.

jim_falconer

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by MatthewA /t/235617/get-a-life#post_3936280
Surely hope so. That canned laugh track was inserted into so many scenes, that it really takes away from the subtle comedy of the show.

Shout!, if you are listening, please give the option of turning off the laugh track!

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
WillG said:
My day has been made
Pre-order in
I just order my copy! I just hope the George Carlin show is next. George Carlin is one of my favorite comedians of all-time!!

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Any show that has the ARK II (see Filmation shows from the 1970s) as Paperboy 2000...a huge loser as the main character...? That's among my favorite shows ever.
Now, if they tell us the music is intact I'll pre-order/order. I just need to know. Otherwise, it's iffy....

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Originally Posted by Radioman970 /t/235617/get-a-life/30#post_3938458
Now, if they tell us the music is intact I'll pre-order/order. I just need to know. Otherwise, it's iffy....
I'll blind buy it if the music is intact. :)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
just posted by Shout Factory on Facebook:
-----------------------
here are the confirmed bonus features:
-A Conversation With Executive Producer/Co-Creator David Mirkin And Writer/Producers Jace Richdale And Steve Pepoon
-Paleyfest 2000! Featuring David Mirkin, Elinor Donahue, Brian Doyle-Murray,...
Robin Riker, Charlie Kaufman, Bob Odenkirk, Steve Pepoon And Jace Richdale
-Audio Commentaries
-Deleted Scenes
-Alternate Audio Version Without Laugh Track On Select Episodes
-And more!

and:

yes the music will remain intact. We are working on Comic Con stuff right now, so stay tuned!

and:

there will be alternate audio without laugh track on select episiodes

---------------------
I'm in, I'll pre-order this!

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Oh, this now just posted too bu Shout:

------------------------------
the show was originally mastered to video, not film, so there is little remastering to be done. We are using the original broadcast masters though.
-----------------------------

Good thing or bad? I have no idea. They confirmed it was complete and uncut in the blurb so hopefully it's all right.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Russell G said:
Oh, this now just posted too bu Shout:
------------------------------
the show was originally mastered to video, not film, so there is little remastering to be done. We are using the original broadcast masters though.
-----------------------------
Good thing or bad? I have no idea.
It's as good as anyone could seriously expect. Using the broadcast masters means it'll look as good or maybe slightly better than it would have looked on TV back in the early 1990's.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Thanks for all the cut&paste work Russell! Hell, I'm going to preorder that with some other items I'm ordering this weekend! I don't buy bootlegs but I know this will look better than that bootleg I didn't buy. I wish it had the Chris Elliot Lettermen appearances that I didn't get with the bootleg I didn't buy.
I just found out today my budget billing electric bill is going down by about $35 a month. woo hoo! I wonder what I'll be spending it on? lol

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Radioman970 said:
Originally Posted by TravisR

It's as good as anyone could seriously expect. Using the broadcast masters means it'll look as good or maybe slightly better than it would have looked on TV back in the early 1990's.
Good to know, I'll blind buy this set.

Now Shout has to get on the rest of SCTV already, I'm jonesing bad for more of my favourite. :)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Russell G said:
You're welcome! I'll keep posting any other updates until the official press release comes out ha ha. I don't think anyone would of begrudged you the bootleg you didn't buy, those Letterman clips would be a great addition but most likely a nightmare for Shout to include. ;)
Good to know, I'll blind buy this set.
Now Shout has to get on the rest of SCTV already, I'm jonesing bad for more of my favourite. :)
I remember when they were airing Letterman reruns (show from way back in the beginning!) on some cable channel and Letterman's company made them stop. Such a disappointment. The clips I (don't) have are just Elliot's appearances and don't include much else. I'd love to see some of that stuff again, like the Fugitive stuff they did and a parody of This Old House, all still in the full shows. Dave should put out stuff himself, or whoever owns that.
"More SCTV" :tu:
Sure would love Shout! to do something about that lack of old Nick live actions shows as well. Salute Your Shorts, YCDTOTV, maybe release Mr. Wizard for consumers (not the obvious "for schools" versions on this official web site) and Mr. Beakman's World.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treed99
Recent bookmarks