Get A Life Vol. 3&4

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Rodd Sato, Apr 11, 2002.

1. Rodd Sato

Rodd Sato Extra

Besides ebay, does anybody know where I can get a copy? It's out of print, and I haven't the slightest clue as to why it's OOP. The vol. 1&2 DVD is still available on Rhino's website.

2. Adam Tyner

Adam Tyner Screenwriter

There was a significant authoring error. It turned up in some stores (primarily Best Buys), despite that. Rhino never bothered to release a corrected version.

3. Marc_B

Marc_B Auditioning

From the Rhino.com website:

Do you have any plans for more GET A LIFE and MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER?

As luck would have it, we will be releasing more of both series in the fall. We will have four more episodes of GET A LIFE (on 2 VHS tapes or 1 DVD) and two more volumes of MST3K on DVD (MITCHELL and MANOS: HANDS OF FATE). More details will follow as fall approaches.

4. Adam Tyner

Adam Tyner Screenwriter

That is, as the text suggests, quite outdated. The two MST3K discs referenced in that quote were released last November, if that's any indication.

5. Will_B

Will_B Producer

I'm glad I never sent mine back to Rhino! Only the first episode it truly messed up. (They said in an email I received that the corrected edition would be out in February, and I could send my defective one to them for an exchange, but it is April now and still no sign of it. I'm sure it will come eventually).

6. Jared M

Jared M Stunt Coordinator

i contacted rhino about a week ago and they said it's tentatively scheduled for september. they didn't say what year though.

7. soop.spoon

soop.spoon Supporting Actor

I have a copy. It looks AWFUL.
    Still, I love the show so it's hard for me to part with it. Looks like it's going for about $50 on ebay right now!
    On second thought, maybe I'll sell it for $50 and pick up the fixed version in a few months for $15 [​IMG]

8. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

The VHS tapes are only 2 eps/tape. That's why ithas 4 tapes to the 2 DVDs

9. Marc_B

Marc_B Auditioning

According to the Digital Bits, vol. 2 is finally coming out Sept. 10 - which means we get Cabin Boy on Sept. 3 followed by Get a Life on Sept. 10 - making September Chris Elliott month on DVD
    [​IMG]

10. soop.spoon

soop.spoon Supporting Actor