What's new

Get 12 Free HD DVDs with Selected TOSHIBA HD DVD Players (1 Viewer)

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
I contacted Amazon over the weekend about the price drop and they responded by saying they would credit my card the $25. The e-mail even quoted the Post-Order-Price guarantee. :cool:

Viper

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Fisk
Ok, which barcode/UPC do I have to send Toshiba? This player has a yellow barcode sticker, and next to that a huge white one with like 3 more barcodes and the serial number printed 3 times.

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter

I used the Victorinox SwissCard small blade and cut the 1st Cardboard Layer around ...

1) Yellow barcode

... and ..

2) Model Number barcode (only)

Glued both on the FREE 5-HD DVDs form.

Took pictures of the box barcode stickers before I removed them from the box and then the FREE 5-HD DVDs form w/barcodes, the addressed letter w/stamp before I sealed & sent it.

Viper

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Fisk

It says UPC, not model number. THe UPC barcode is the one that starts '022' so I'm thinking that's all that's needed.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Not to drag it out *too* much, but it may help somebody in the future: as Phil infers in another thread, when you see a lower price on amazon within 30 days of your purchase, you must call in or email *right away* (or that day at least) to get the difference credited. When crediting they only go by the current price.

I asked in another post if you could call in anytime within the 30 days and get the lowest price they had in that period, and the answer is NO. They make you work! I dilly-dallied and lost (actually, I didn't even know of the policy at the time).

RoyWilbury

Stunt Coordinator

Did Amazon customer service tell you this? I've never tried to get a refund based on a price drop that wasn't currently in effect, but the way I read their "Post-Order Price Guarantee" (which can be found here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...=1-1#postorder ), there is nothing that states that you have to notify them of a price change while that price change is still in effect. This would be virtually impossible to always do when they are often changing prices on items (such as these HD-DVD players), without simply monitoring the site all day every day for 30 days. The only restrictions I see from the policy as it is written is that the item cannot be a pre-order (since that is covered by the pre-order guarantee), the item cannot be something sold by another company through Amazon, the item cannot be part of a "buy one, get one free" promotion, and the policy can't be compared to the item's original price after a rebate is taken into consideration.

It doesn't say anywhere on that "Help" page that you have to notify them while the item is still at the lower price. So if an item is $200, then drops on the second day to $150, and then goes back up to $200 later on that second day, if you e-mail them at the end of that second day and tell them that it was previously at $150 after the item shipped to you, they should be able to check their records and still give you the refund. But I dunno, maybe there is more fine print somewhere.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
^ Yup, I read it the way you did. But what I said above is what they told me when I tried to claim (by phone). Maybe somebody else can try what you say, and see what amazon says. Sometimes CS people don't have it right... The way it was explained to me does seem a little dubious, certainly a flimsier "guarantee" than the reading suggests.

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter

Just one correction, ... after dealing with Amazon for the last 6 years, ...

1) I'll 'Call' their Customer Service ONLY during a problematic Initial Large Item(s) Order ...

... and ...

2) I'll ONLY 'Email' their Customer Service 100% for price reductions for hardware products (including Amazon's own FREE HD DVD promotions).
.... a) Has to be immediately during the lower sale price or FREE HD DVD promotion.
.... b) I'll explain clearly what and why - providing Amazon's own link.
.... c) I end the email w/Thank you and have a great day!!! ;)

So far, my "GET 10 FREE HD DVDs" w/$359.98 HD-A35 (Nov. 23) Amazon sale, ...

... ended up (so far) to ...

... "GET 12 FREE HD DVDs" w/$339.98 HD-A35!!! :D

Orlando

Stunt Coordinator
New prices

A35 now 329.98
A3 is 218.60
A30 239.98

This is the third refund I have requested of them on my A35 in the last week and each time they say no problem.

I tried getting the disk as well and the only way they said I could get them was to mail the player back then re-order. I sure wish I was able to talk to your customer service rep.

Dave Hahn

Premium
Real Name
Dave Hahn
Phil,

Thanks very much for posting this deal! I had been of a firm mind to not upgrade to High Definition until the format war was over, but this deal changed my mind, and I couldn't be happier!

I got the Toshiba A3 for $199.00 with 10 free HD-DVD's. I'll keep five of the free HD-DVD's; either I didn't have the movie or I like the film enough to double-dip and upgrade. I'll ebay the other five and hope to get $80 or so for them, so my final cost for the player will be around $120.00 or less.

The other main reason I had for upgrading now is the number of dvd purchases I'll make, (or have now made), in the month of December. The Bourne Ultimatum, Live Free or Die Hard, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, and the Blade Runner set. I couldn't see buying them in standard definition now for $75 +/-, and then upgrading later in the now seemingly distant future when the format war is over, so, with this deal at Amazon, I'm a new convert to HD-DVD!

Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks