What's new

Gerry Rafferty 1947-2011 (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I knew he was sick, so it's not much of a surprise, but Gerry passed away today. I've been a big fan since I was a child. Baker Street takes me right back to the '70s. This one is lovely:

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
This one took me by surprise, WOW. "Baker Street" is one of my favorite songs ever:

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
Whoa, this is the first I'm hearing of Gerry's passing. Very sad. He made some great music. One of my favorite Gerry Rafferty tunes:

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I love all three songs. Right Down the Line has been considered by me to be my favorite song of all-time at various times (not this week, though). Night Owl was also a great album, and don't forget Stuck in the Middle With You.

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
I like all those songs too Greg. He made a lot of really good music. I know quite a few people who only knew of Gerry as the Baker Street guy, but when they heard his other music they were pleasantly surprised.

Right Down the Line is one of those soundtrack of your life type songs for me...lots of good memories attached to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks