German Retailers

Discussion in 'DVD' started by alan halvorson, Oct 21, 2003.

1. alan halvorson

alan halvorson Cinematographer

A number of us have ordered from German sites. The only one I've used is Amazon.co.de. I can't read German but as it's Amazon I can get along with it. However, shipping is outrageous; way more than Amazon.co.uk and often nearly as much as the disc. Is there another German site that a.) has an English language option, b.) offers cheaper shipping and c.) is reliable?

2. Hartwig Hanser

Hartwig Hanser Second Unit

Well, I like www.jpc.de, but with 28 Euro per shipment it is not exactly cheap.

3. Douglas R

Douglas R Cinematographer

Doug
    Trouble I have had with both these German suppliers is that they use special carriers, instead of ordinary mail. I have then always had problems getting delivery because the carriers require a signature and deliver when I'm at work and don't re-deliver on Saturdays! Does any German supplier use German postal services so that goods get delvered here by the Royal Mail?

4. Jim Blackie

Jim Blackie Stunt Coordinator

Shipping prices were so bad I asked an acquaitance in Germany to please pick up copy of a DVD I was anxious to have and mail it to me. Is there a reason all German etailers have this "problem?"

5. Cees Alons

Cees Alons Moderator

Cees Alons
    To me, the shipping prices seem reasonable, but of course I can be reached from Germany all across land. Personally, I don't find the signature thing so disadvantageous, because after I paid for the stuff I'm glad it isn't delivered elsewhere.

Cees

6. Mark_Wilson

Mark_Wilson Screenwriter

http://www.1a-dvdshop.ch

They also carry FSK18 discs that they can't advertise on German websites. Shipping is ok but SLOW! 4-6 weeks is usual.