What's new

German Retailers (1 Viewer)

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
A number of us have ordered from German sites. The only one I've used is Amazon.co.de. I can't read German but as it's Amazon I can get along with it. However, shipping is outrageous; way more than Amazon.co.uk and often nearly as much as the disc. Is there another German site that a.) has an English language option, b.) offers cheaper shipping and c.) is reliable?

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Trouble I have had with both these German suppliers is that they use special carriers, instead of ordinary mail. I have then always had problems getting delivery because the carriers require a signature and deliver when I'm at work and don't re-deliver on Saturdays! Does any German supplier use German postal services so that goods get delvered here by the Royal Mail?

Jim Blackie

Stunt Coordinator
Shipping prices were so bad I asked an acquaitance in Germany to please pick up copy of a DVD I was anxious to have and mail it to me. Is there a reason all German etailers have this "problem?"

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
To me, the shipping prices seem reasonable, but of course I can be reached from Germany all across land. Personally, I don't find the signature thing so disadvantageous, because after I paid for the stuff I'm glad it isn't delivered elsewhere.

Cees

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks