What's new

German/Italian POWs in the US...any movies with this subject? (1 Viewer)

Ed O

Agent
I'm reading Tom Browkaw's "Greatest Generation" and in a few of the chapters it's mentioned that German and Italian POWs brought to the US during WWII would be seen in various towns in the US near where they were being held, usually rural areas it seems.

I am wondering if there are any movies that touch this subject? I seem to recall there was a movie about a German POW who falls in love with a "local"...any such movie?

Any help is appreciated...and I hope I'm not pursuing something that doesn't exist.

Thanks,
Ed

RussR

Stunt Coordinator
The movie that you're thinking of is probably Link Removed Although I don't recall seeing this TV movie, it is an interesting subject. I grew up not far from a town that had a German POW camp during the war. The prisoners were "loaned out" to the logging and potato industries. I knew one farmer who had some interesting stories about the first batches of POWs (Afrika Korps guys) he had working for him.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks