What's new

Georgia Woman Found.. (1 Viewer)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I think like this when people complain that the US raises the terror alerts and (as they complain) "nothing happens" - I tend to think that the reason nothing happens is because the alerts are raised...but then I am also reminded of the Simpsons episode where Lisa holds the rock up and tells Homer that it keeps tigers away. Homer doesn't believe her and she says "But you don't see any tigers, do you?" :laugh:

In other words, how can you measure how effective a deterrent really is?

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
It should be emphasized that it wasn't the flaky, irrational "running away" part that got people pissed off and caused them to want to charge her with a crime, it was her cold, calculating lies about being kidnapped and sexually assaulted. She obviously knew people were looking for her (her phone call mentions the news story on CNN), and her actions were not those of someone who had no clue about right and wrong (I hate the "I was crazy/suffered" defense).

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Demonstrably incorrect. They used to have public hangings of pickpockets. Other pickpockets prodigiously worked the crowds, picking their pockets.

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris

(AP Photo/Gene Blythe)
Runaway bride Jennifer Wilbanks mows the lawn of a government building, Tuesday, Aug. 9, 2005, in Lawrenceville, Ga.
Wilbanks also has been picking up litter, washing public vehicles and cleaning government offices as part of her sentence for lying to police after she ran off days before her scheduled wedding.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks