What's new

Georgia Woman Found.. (1 Viewer)

Chris

Senior HTF Member
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050430/D89PNBKO0.html

Apparently got cold feet, she claims.

This would be a heck of an act of forgiveness on the part of her fiancé; he was ditched at the alter, and then made the prime suspect of the case, subjected to two polygraphs, had property seized, and had a family member accuse him of killing their daughter while demanding another polygraph.

If I were him, I'd hope everyone comes to me and apologizes immediately, but it would also make it more difficult to go through with the marriage, knowing your inlaws immediately suspected you of such things.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale

Let's get married! We'll have a BIG wedding! 600 guests! I know I can do it if I can just get enough of these pills I'm taking!

Jason Hughes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Hughes
This guy got off very, very easily. If she decided to get "cold feet" after the marriage he would have likely been in financial ruin.

Now he can sell his story and have it turned into some cheesy made for TV (Lifetime, etc) movie! :)

Drew Bethel

Screenwriter
I think they owe the taxpayers that $100,000 for all the time the GA police spent looking for this woman! I hope there is an avenue to press charges and hold her accountable.

DonnyD

Screenwriter
Yep, that guy is lucky....... from the pics I've seen of her, she appears to be on crack or something.... wild look in her eyes. Definitely a phoney.......
Some of the accusations do show what her folks probably actually thought of him, too.......... He should get a lawyer and sue.........
Again, he is such a lucky guy.......

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Hopefully there will be no criminal charges when her fiance beats the crap out of her for causing such a fiasco. :D

Jay Taylor

Supporting Actor
He is fortunate that this personality flaw was revealed before he made the mistake of getting married.

I hope he sees the red wakeup flags waving.

Chris

Senior HTF Member

Yep. I think the conversation would go something like (to be tactful)

"Hon, I still love you, but I think you've got deep problems. And the fact that your family compared me to a killer and demanded multiple polygraphs is something I don't think time can heal."

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member

i wasn't exactly following this very close, but i don't recall any reports of the womans family casting suspicion on the fiance.
when a spouse (or intended spouse) is missing or murdered, suspicion always falls on the other person in the realtionship because it has historically proven to be the most common source.

the news media was looking at a big winner here- not only did it seem to imply parallels to the Scott Peterson case, but it came at a great time so as to feed into their continuous month long ravenous orgy of abduction/murder stories.

i'm just glad the dingbat's ok.

Jason Hughes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Hughes
One of her family members did accuse him of being connected with his disappearance. I forget which one, could have been a brother or cousin, etc.

Granted the statement was made out of emotion, but still, I'd never associate with that whole clan for anything ever again...

Chris

Senior HTF Member

Yep, I checked my PVR.. her family asked him to take a second polygraph which they would administer and be present for (CBS News).

WillG

Senior HTF Member
It's sad what happened, but I think this guy is going to become a rock star now. I'm sure letters are pouring in from women offering to Marry him and all that stuff. If Friggin Scott Peterson could get groupies, imagine what this guy would get.

There has got to be charges that this woman should be brought up on.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I wish the media would stop playing favorites with missing persons. I wonder how many other people genuinely went missing/were kidnapped in the time they were publicizing this single (fradulent) case 24/7.

It's like the applause-o-meter at the Oscars during the tribute to those who've died. This person gets more applause because they're better...oh, don't clap much for this person, they're not worth the effort.

The media is making the same decisions of personal worth everytime they choose to make one case "newsworthy" over the many others they ignore.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member

Well in a way he was - she didn't want to marry him. I do think the media were hoping for another Peterson story, I'm just glad they didn't get one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks