What's new

George Romero's Dead Reckoning may finally be happening!!! (1 Viewer)

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Here's a link to some exciting news for fans of George Romero's Dead movies.
All I can say is ABOUT TIME!!

Rich Romero

Supporting Actor
It's been 17 years since Day of the Dead came out. I hope George still has it in him to create a great zombie film. I also hope that getting a large budget won't make him lose sight of what makes this trilogy so great. I can't wait!

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Sounds neat! Too bad Romero has to stick with an R-rating, though. Perhaps he'll do an unrated cut for DVD?

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
I heard on one of the horror sites I frequent that the theatrical showings will be R, but the DVD will indeed be an unrated cut. Simply wonderful news!
Romero's zombie classics make up THE (along with the EVIL DEAD Trilogy) best trilogy of all time! I am so very happy that Romero is finally getting a fourth film underway, and I am simply drueling with anticipation!

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
In another thread, I had listed a big budget Romero zombie picture as a dream project. Looks like someone was listening.

As for the R rating, it doesn't bother me. I'm pretty sure that an uncut, unrated version will hit DVD afterwards. I wonder what our resident zombie girl Julie thinks?

Herm C

Stunt Coordinator
I just hope that only a little CGI is used and that what's used isn't cheesy, ala Resident Evil's "lickter"

Will Savini be involved, I wonder.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Gotta agree about the cgi Herm. Hopefully the effects will be done the old fashioned way, with Savini part of the production.

clemente

Agent
I'm not sure why the rating is such a problem.
The fact that the rest of the DEAD films are considered classic has nothing to do with rating. The ability of Romero to create another zombie classic is more troubling than whether or not they'll be an uncut version.

Rich Romero

Supporting Actor
The rating IS a problem. Think of it this way, Dawn and Day were released as unrated and got little to no advertising. I hope that there is NO CGI used to create the zombies. I heavily doubt George will have anything but make-up. Also, why do I heavily suspect a member of Destiny's Child will get the lead role?

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
At the Fangoria Weekend of Horrors, Savini said he would probably be involved, but he didn't know if it would be for fx or acting or both. Here's hoping to both!

Plus, some people need to read the posts above their's. I stated that an unrated cut will be on DVD. George stated this at the same Weekend of Horrors that I posted above, and I also saw it on one of the horror sites I frequent.

Quite simply, this is a godsend! I have been waiting for a fourth Romero Dead film for what seems like forever now, and this news excites me like you wouldn't believe!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks