What's new

George Romero Passes at 77 (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
This one stings. Night Of The Living Dead and Dawn Of The Dead are among the best & possibly the most influential horror movies ever made.

All these white guys out there today patting themselves on the back for putting a black dude in a movie are about 50 years behind Romero.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Awwwww man!! That sucks.

RIP

May the living dead guide you to paradise.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
This one stings. Night Of The Living Dead and Dawn Of The Dead are among the best & possibly the most influential horror movies ever made.

All these white guys out there today patting themselves on the back for putting a black dude in a movie are about 50 years behind Romero.

I didn't see Dawn Of the Dead until 1998 on the double sided DVD.
It is still my favorite horror movie to this day. It has everything from humor, and drama to a bleak outlook of future after a zombie apocalypse. And a shopping mall when they were something new.

I'm going to watch it tonight on my projector in memory of one of the true greats of American cinema.
R.I.P. George.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I didn't see Dawn Of the Dead until 1998 on the double sided DVD.
My parents rented Dawn Of The Dead for me on tape when I was way too young (maybe 12 or so) and I still remember the opening sequences terrifying me. I was used to A Nightmare On Elm Street and Friday The 13th movies but Dawn was a whole different thing that since it didn't have any recognizable people like Freddy or Jason so it just seemed so real. I've loved the movie ever since then and I've probably bought every North American release of it the laserdisc box set when I was a teenager in the 90's.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Also don't forget he was also one of the ones behind "Tales From the Dark Side" which is a show I liked growing up.

Probably the eeriest intro/outro to a television series

I remember sometimes I'd be watching and fall asleep in front of the TV. Then, TFtD would rerun at like 2:00am and I'd get woken by the outro voiceover. Nightmare inducing eerie.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
I wish I weren't leaving town for a few days early tomorrow morning; otherwise, I'd be jumping into some viewings in his honor. That shall be done upon my return.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Mr. Romero, your vision changed the face of horror, for the last 50 years, as not just horror but as social commentary; that intelligence will be missed

R. I. P.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
RIP

I need to get around to watching the only movie I own on disc which is Land Of The Dead on HD-DVD. Will also check Netflix for other movies to watch.

land_of_the_dead_ver2_xlg.jpg

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Mr. Romero, your vision changed the face of horror, for the last 50 years, as not just horror but as social commentary; that intelligence will be missed

R. I. P.
There's something particularly eerie about this kind of post for me personally.....

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
There's something particularly eerie about this kind of post for me personally.....

sadly it is true, that he used it as a vehicle for social commentary, and the current generation of zombies walking around cell phone in hand more concerned about their Starbucks or the latest digital download is a prime example

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.