George Reeves and Gone With The Wind

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Jim Williams, May 23, 2004.

1. Jim Williams

Jim Williams Second Unit

I am a little confused. I just watched GWTW again and I noticed that George Reeves played a part in the beginning of the movie. Although I knew this, I had forgotten all about it. I was then curious as to what other films had George Reeves been in before the Superman TV series. Looking up his name in the IMDB they showed the listing for GWTW but it said that he was credited under the name George Bessolo.

The credits at the beginning of GWTW clearly list him as George Reeves, not George Bessolo. What's up with this? Where did IMDB get this info? Are they wrong or were the credits changed for the DVD?

2. PatH

PatH Second Unit

George Reeves real name was Bessolo, but he changed it shortly before GWTW, if I remember right.

Pat H.

3. Paul_Scott

Paul_Scott Lead Actor

he also has a minor(but prominent) supporting role in From Here To Eternity.

its a shame his career whent the way it did.
    i would love to be able to run across more classic films with his presence in them.

4. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    Users submit most of their information. The IMDb is certainly not infallible.

5. PatH

PatH Second Unit

For Paul Scott:

Don't dismiss Reeves' career out of hand. He played Superman with his tongue in cheek but not objectionably so and his Kent was "mild mannered" without neing a wuss. It's his performance as Superman that led me to appreciate his other roles and the talent they confirmed. Interestingly, if I remember right, he pulled the plug on Superman so he could look for other roles.

Pat H.