What's new

George Reeves and Gone With The Wind (1 Viewer)

Jim Williams

Second Unit
I am a little confused. I just watched GWTW again and I noticed that George Reeves played a part in the beginning of the movie. Although I knew this, I had forgotten all about it. I was then curious as to what other films had George Reeves been in before the Superman TV series. Looking up his name in the IMDB they showed the listing for GWTW but it said that he was credited under the name George Bessolo.

The credits at the beginning of GWTW clearly list him as George Reeves, not George Bessolo. What's up with this? Where did IMDB get this info? Are they wrong or were the credits changed for the DVD?

PatH

Second Unit
George Reeves real name was Bessolo, but he changed it shortly before GWTW, if I remember right.

Pat H.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
he also has a minor(but prominent) supporting role in From Here To Eternity.

its a shame his career whent the way it did.
i would love to be able to run across more classic films with his presence in them.

PatH

Second Unit
For Paul Scott:

Don't dismiss Reeves' career out of hand. He played Superman with his tongue in cheek but not objectionably so and his Kent was "mild mannered" without neing a wuss. It's his performance as Superman that led me to appreciate his other roles and the talent they confirmed. Interestingly, if I remember right, he pulled the plug on Superman so he could look for other roles.

Pat H.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks