What's new

George Plimpton - RIP (1 Viewer)

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for this Patrick. I remember reading that Sports Illustrated story and I did not figure out until I was almost finished with the story that is was an April Fools joke. :b

RIP George.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
My experience with George Plimpton, was that he was the host of Mouseterpiece Theater when I was kid in the infancy of the Disney Channel. It was a great program that showed all of the classic Disney cartoons... the sole reason I now am purchasing the great Walt Disney Treasures sets. It was a great primer long before the days of the Ink and Paint Club.

Lately, he was plying his great talents in several of the great Nero Wolfe episodes on A&E. I've never read any of his writings, but on his acting merits alone, he will be missed.

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
It's possible. Back in the late 70's and early 80's Plimpton was all over the TV either pitching products or on talk shows. He was much more of a celebrity back then.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
This Schweppes thing was more recently...well more recently meaning early 90's. I remember one commercial where he had a neon sign of the Schweppes logo behind him and had problems turning it on :D

And who could forget his appearance on the Simpsons as the Spelling Bee judge.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks