What's new

George Pal's Puppetoons: An Interview With Producer Arnold Leibovit (1 Viewer)

Timothy E

Reviewer
Real Name
Timothy Ewanyshyn
On September 12, 2020, Arnold Leibovit, producer of the Puppetoon Movie, spoke to the Home Theater Forum about the upcoming Blu-ray release of The Puppetoon Movie, Volume 2, including the challenges of restoration of these short subjects and the genius of their creator, George Pal.

The Puppetoon Movie Volume 1 is already available. Pre-Order Puppetoon Movie Volume 2 Now at Puppetoon.Net

Last edited:

Sinbad75

Grip
Real Name
Jack
On September 12, 2020, Arnold Leibovit, producer of the Puppetoon Movie, spoke to the Home Theater Forum about the upcoming Blu-ray release of The Puppetoon Movie, Volume 2, including the challenges of restoration of these short subjects and the genius of their creator, George Pal.

The Puppetoon Movie Volume 1 is already available. Pre-Order Puppetoon Movie Volume 2 Now at Puppetoon.Net

Great chat with Arnold Leibovit with emphasis on The Puppetoon Movie Volume 2. I have had and much enjoyed Volume 1 since it was first released, but would love to see portions of it re-scanned and replicated in high definition. Unfortunately, a large number of the Puppetoons identified as bonuses are in standard definition. Based on Arnold's excitement over the video quality of Volume 2 (which I have of course pre-ordered), I am concerned that the DVD quality of Volume 1's bonus Puppetoons will stand out as even more of a disappointment in terms of visual presentation. Just a thought from one who loves animation in all its forms, and hopes to see these treasures preserved and made available to collectors in their best possible condition.

Randcanuck

Auditioning
Real Name
Randall Cyrenne
For anyone who loved this interview, I invite you to also look at this one that I did with Arnie last year: https://animatedviews.com/2019/arno...puppetoon-movie-volume-2/?highlight=puppetoon

I know that I couldn't be more excited about this release. Pal has been a favourite filmmaker of mine for a long time, and it's great seeing his work being promoted and appreciated. (And finally, two superb editions of The War of the Worlds are out on Blu-ray, too!)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks