What's new

George Lucas talks Star Wars : Detours (1 Viewer)

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
George Lucas talks Star Wars : Detours

http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/world/2011/06/14/cotd.george.lucas.cnn

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Since nothing but a link to a video was provided all I can figure is this is a new tv show or a game. Whatever happened to the live action show that was supposed to happen two or three years ago?

ChadMcCallum

Second Unit
Lucas has 50 scripts ready for the live action series but he's having budget problems right now. He's not sure how to do a weekly television series on the scale and with the same quality of digital effects as the movies but on a much smaller budget. Until he gets that sorted out the series is on hold.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
Here is more from Seth Green http://blogs.forbes.com/davidewalt/2011/07/22/seth-green-mass-effect-3-star-wars/
David Ewalt: I hear you’ve been spending some time at LucasFilm lately, working on Star Wars: Detours. What’s your role in that? Seth Green: I… that’s not even information that should be in the form of a question, let alone something I can respond to. [Laughs] So will some Sith assassin pop out from behind a tree and take you out if you talk about it? It’s just so funny, the way that information gets kind of put out there, in the way that everybody agrees that it’s the fact. George talks about when a fan insisted that they had been in a meeting where it was decided that the name of Episode I was going to be “The Balance of the Force.” Don’t you remember hearing that title? It’s the same kind of thing. Star Wars is such a phenomenal global supernova that anything that gets said about it becomes kind of fact and gospel, and then taken by the legions of fans who are so excited to have more Star Wars, that they roll off on all sorts of flights of fancy. I can’t wait until we can actually talk about what this thing really is, instead of about just trying to explain to people what it isn’t. But it’s still a ways away. I can only assure you that we’re really doing the best we can to make it awesome, and it’s just as important to us as it is to all of you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks