What's new

Directors george kaplan criterion tourney (1 Viewer)

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Well, I don't consider the Rock mediocre, but if you think the Rock is mediocre, what leads you to believe that Playtime would be even worse?

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member

Judging by the two other Tati films I've seen The Rock is definatly the funnier comedy. :)

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Rashomon

You should upgrade to the Divimax Time Bandits George. A big leap in picture quality. :emoji_thumbsup:

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
What exactly is this? At first I thought you were talking about that high def tape based stuff (I will NEVER go back to tape, no matter how good the initial quality), but a website I looked at looks like it's a dvd, but describe the transfer as high def. This confuses me, since a standard dvd doesn't provide high def (or if it can, then why are we waiting for HD-DVD?). So what's the deal. Is the high def a typo, or the dvd (as opposed to tape) a typo?

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member

It's a DVD George. I have the same reservations about tape-based formats (never again says I :D ). Their Marketing dept is a little liberal in the use of the term High - Def. The transfer is taken from a high def master is all.

What it boils down to is a big improvement in A/V quality over the Criterion, along with some nice extras.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Rashomon - I was only able to finish Time Bandits with judicious use of the fast forward button.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member

Your mistake, George! I have had my JVC 30k for a year now and haven't had a single issue. Movies in HD are a huge improvement over DVD's on a 123 inch screen. Considering the JVC deck can be had for around $400.00, it was a real no brainer for me, and will hold me over until HD-DVD comes out.

Rashomon (easily)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks