What's new

George Harrison - All Things Must Pass (1 Viewer)

KrisM

Second Unit
His recent passing had me listening to this classic alot and I was wondering if anybody could compare the original CD release to the remastered version. Is it worth it to upgrade? Any comparison to the sound quality of the two would be appreciated.

Thanks

KrisM

John Tillman

Supporting Actor
My first copy was 8-track tape which was long, long ago. I bought the re-master a few months ago and have enjoyed it quite a bit.

All the songs are far, far cleaner (the jams sound much better too). I was auditioning some Paradigm 60's in a store last week and several of the people who work there came in and praised the sound of the new version vs. the old.

There are a few new things George included. Some different versions and a complete pedal steel song left off the orginal. Plus he wrote a few paragraphs of interesting notes and included the lyrics in the booklet.

I've listened to both cd's straight through, multiple times since he passed away and this is now a cherished set of my collection.

KrisM

Second Unit
Thanks, John

I'm not the biggest fan of the jams, but the rest of the album is almost perfect. Even the demo version of ATMP on the Beatles Anthology is great. I like it more than the album version. I think I'll keep my eyes open for a good deal on the remaster.

KrisM

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks