What's new

George Gently, does anyone like this Brit TV Series? (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I watched the first episode yesterday as I'm trying out Acorn TV for a free 7 Day trial. Anyhow, I see this TV series is selling for $59.99 on Blu-ray at B&N so I'm contemplating whether to buy it or not. I liked the first episode, but I didn't love it. I'm going to watch another episode today.

However, I was wondering if there are those that are big fans of this TV series?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I always like quirky British humor. Patience is required on this one since it generally gets "connected" only at the end.
And that price seems to be about double that on Amazon.
Not quite they're selling it for $74.99, but I think that price ends today as B&N pricing expires today.

Bernard McNair

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bernard McNair
Robert, we have followed Inspector Gently since season 1. The characters grow on you and the stories are always well written. Martin Shaw is a very reliable performer and we have followed several of his shows over the years especially Judge John Deed and his intereptation of Adam Dalgeliesh. I would recommend investing in the shows if you enjoy good British detective fiction; we have never seen an episode that we have not enjoyed due to the strength of the writing, acting and production values. I would rate the series 8/10. Best wishes, Bernard.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I guess there’s two shows based on character named Gently?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Robert, we have followed Inspector Gently since season 1. The characters grow on you and the stories are always well written. Martin Shaw is a very reliable performer and we have followed several of his shows over the years especially Judge John Deed and his intereptation of Adam Dalgeliesh. I would recommend investing in the shows if you enjoy good British detective fiction; we have never seen an episode that we have not enjoyed due to the strength of the writing, acting and production values. I would rate the series 8/10. Best wishes, Bernard.
Thank you for your comments. My series blu-ray box set is on its way. I'm going to cancel my Acorn account before my free 7 day trial expires, but I should finish up season 1.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
I watched the first several series on Netflix and the last couple on AcornTV. Agree with Bernard. The characters continue to develop and the show is well done. I'm sad it's now over. Series 8 was the last. I'd say it's well worth your time if you like Brit detective shows like I do. Foyle's War was my favorite, but this is very good too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks