What's new

George Foreman Grill Owners: How do you clean your grills? (1 Viewer)

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
What do you mean "most Americans"? I don't know a single person who owns one of these, and always wondered who was buying them. Guess I found out today!

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
I bet most of us who buy these are city apartment dwellers (or maybe college students). It's actually not that hard to clean - if it's still hot, it'll wipe right off - and, for me, it beats the hell outta using the broiler.

I use it for steaks, chicken, burgers, sausages, carmelizing onions, vegetables, grilled cheese sandwiches. Once, I held it level and made a crepe with ridges!

(Crepes really don't need ridges.)

Julian Reville

Screenwriter
Back when my GF grill was new, it was pretty easy to clean, but now that that the "non-stick" coating is wearing off, the crud builds up quickly. Outside of a good sandblasting, I don't think anything will touch the carmelized crud on this one. George will be glad to know that I need a new one.

Hey, mom, you listening?

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
I've had mine for 3 years. Use it at least twice a week. Sears is now selling a version that has dual heat controls for each side so you can cook your steak on one side and your shrimp (or whatever) on the other. It's time for a new one, hear that Santa. You say there's no such thing as a sanity clause?.. burrrump!

Brad_W

Screenwriter
Soap and water usually cleans mine. Also cleans me. Fact of business, soap and water usually cleans anything... when enough force is applied!;)

Don Black

Screenwriter
Thanks guys. I guess the answer is that no one really knows. I too would be interested in detachable grill plates. If anyone knows where I can find these, please let the forum know! Thanks.

Gary_E

Second Unit
Fill a spray bottle with a mixture of dishwashing liquid and water. While the grill is med-warm spray the shaken solution on the plates. It will begin to foam and lift the grease right off. The trick is to spray the plates when they're just hot enough to foam the soap. Wipe it down with paper towels. There are a lot of miles on my grill and the surface is in great shape.

-Gary

Yep, it's a knock-off. Mine's a "Health Zone", made by "Windmere". It was a gift from my mother-in-law (!), and the damnable gadget is a godsend. I'm quite surprised that the original didn't come with the plates detachable. My wife pretty much does the cookin', whilst I do the cleanin'. It's been a snap so far. Worst case (read: belly too full of grilled sumptuous dish to roll over to the kitchen sink), I just let the plates soak overnight or something. They don't come much lazier than me, and if I had the hassles some of you are having with the thing, man, i'd've pitched it long ago.

Travis Hedger

Supporting Actor
I set mine to where it will drip over into the side of the sink. Squirt Dish soap on it and a bit o water with the water gun mounted on the sink, and give a good scrub with a small hand held brush with nylon bristles. Rinse, repeat as needed.

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
Hey Travis, that's what I do! Although repeating is not needed, even if it says so on the bottle (oh, wait, that's for shampoo).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks