What's new

George Foreman grill is a pain in the %*$# to clean! (1 Viewer)

Drew Bethel

Screenwriter
I have the smallest "grill"...and while I love grilling my chicken breasts the cleanup afterwards sucks! :angry:

Pamela

Supporting Actor
I agree it's a pain. I find it easiest to immediately wipe it down with a wet paper towel after cooking on it. Then, when I do the dishes, I wipe it down with a soapy dish cloth.

Tim Kilbride

Stunt Coordinator
I purchased the T-Fal version of the G Foreman grille...my folks have the original with the same complaint. The TFal version has removable grilling surfaces...after you use them, drop them in the dishwasher, no problem...

I got it at a local Sam's Warehouse...if memory serves me correctly it was a few bucks cheaper than the comparable GForeman unit...

Thanks

TK-

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
I don't find it too bad. Make sure to clean it while it is hot! Wipe down with a wet paper towel-- usually two passes over the whole thing with a wet towel while it is still hot- and it's clean as a whistle.

-V

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Nah. I don't have a problem either. I find mine easy to clean.
Cleaning while warm is a good tip. Also, I used a soft bristle plastic brush. Doesn't scratch the non-stick surface and helps clean it right up! The cool brush I have (Its amazing what things we'll share among friends, eh?:rolleyes:) actually contains dish soap in the handle and dispenses it while you use it. Very cool and works well--especially on the Foreman grill.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Well, yeah, I hear that cleaning George Forman is no sunday drive either....
Oops, you're talking about the grill!
:laugh:
Jay

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
I do this:

1. unplug it.

2. put it on the edge of the sink.

3. soap it up with a sponge.

4. turn on the faucet and rinse of the lower portion, holding up the backend to let the water run off into the sink and keeping the electrical parts away from water.

5. keep cleaning both top and bottom with the sponge, rinsing it out until no more soap is left on the grill.

It's still a pain this way, but a bit easier.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
If it cools down completely before you get around to washing it, plug it back in again for a while. You should be able to clean it by scraping with the plastic spatula/comb thingee and wiping it with a damp soapy cloth.

Regards,

Adil M

Supporting Actor
Haven't you noticed that the grease gets inside the grill and all around the handles. It's almost never a simple wipe w/ a wetcloth.

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
I've always found it easy.
1. Wipe the excess grunge off with a dry paper towel.
2. Wipe again with moist paper towel.
3. Wipe to dry with a dry paper towel.
That's it. :)

Bill Slack

Supporting Actor
I do it exactally the same way as Rain.
I don't worry about getting the thing totally spotless. It's just grease, afterall.
It sure is a nice little contraption, makes a quick/easy and yummy dinner for us single guys. :)

Drew Bethel

Screenwriter
Rain, I like your method. And Jesus, where did you get 3000+ posts from??? I remember when you were a "newbie" around here! :D

ikiru

Stunt Coordinator
Is the George Forman Grill any better than an outdoor gas/charcoal grill? I understand the convienence factor involved, but I had always thought that the flavor from grilling comes from the fat dripping off the meat and vaporizing on the hot coals. How does the flavor of a steak cooked on a GF grill compare to one cooked on a gas/charcoal grill? Or is that not a consideration for GF buyers? How much does it cost?

-ikiru

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
Believe it or not, my building management won't allow my to do open barbequeing in my apartment (windows open, naturally), or up on the roof. The electric grill is more a thing of necessity than convenience for me.

It doesn't taste the same as cooking over charcoal. Not even close.

But closer than a frying pan or oven broiler.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
where did you get 3000+ posts from??? I remember when you were a "newbie" around here!
3405 (9.49 posts per day).
That'll do it. Most people, even Mods, are under 5 per day. The only person I know posting more is Patrick, and he's usually averaging around 10 per day.
-Vince

michael deakin

Deceased Member
Real Name
Michael Charles Deakin
Hi guys.
Does anyone have any trouble with the top of the grill machine,Where you warm the buns.The clip which holds it down broke on mine whithin one week. mike:frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks