What's new

George Feltenstein honored with this year's William K. Everson Award for Film History (1 Viewer)

Nils Luehrmann

Senior HTF Member
Congratulations to George Feltenstein, Senior VP of Theatrical Catalog Marketing for Warner Home Video who was awarded this year's William K. Everson Award for Film History by the National Board of Review for his tireless efforts in preserving historically significant films.

:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

The winners of this year's NBR awards were announced last week, but the award presentations will happen on January 10th. Paul Reiser will be hosting the event, which will be held at the Tavern on the Green in New York.

Once again, kudos to Mr. Feltenstein for a well deserved honor!

Mike D

Stunt Coordinator
Congratulations to Mr. Feltenstein. His efforts and passion should be an inspiration to others in similarly inluential positions.

About the award...

William K. Everson was a leading film historian, educator, author, archivist and celebrated member of the NBR until his death in 1996. The National Board created the award in his honor to recognize those who contribute to the history of film. The inaugural winner was Peter Bogdanovich in 1996 for his book, Who the Devil Made It? Others honorees include Wesleyan film professor Jeanine Basinger for her book Silent Stars and director Martin Scorsese for his film My Voyage to Italy.

Other past winners

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
bob kaplan
i really appreciate what has been coming from Warners and the care with which most of the product is given. Certainly it is the work of many people but they must be given a directions from the top. Congratulations Mr. Feltenstein.

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
If ever an Award was truly deserved then this is it.

Movie Buffs and those out there who just enjoy watching the Classics are forever Grateful for his on-going, invaluable contribution to the preservation of many of the most memorable Movies and Short Subjects in the history of the Cinema. :emoji_thumbsup:

I know that with out his efforts there are many priceless titles that I know I may never have seen again.

Three cheers to George and may he continue to reign.:star:

Richard Matich

Stunt Coordinator
As someone that has some of his tireless efforts sitting on a shelf proudly, let me say thanks and congragulations to you Mr. Feltenstein for all you have done. My dvd collection would not be the same without your hard work and dedication to the preservation and presentation of classic cinema. :D :star: :emoji_thumbsup:

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
There aren't enough awards out there to properly recognize Mr. Feltenstein's contributions to his profession. Needless to say, this honor is well deserved.

Congratulations and keep up the great work.

Steve

Kudos to a man who has done some truly outstanding work since the heyday of Laserdiscs. For those of us who care about film his name on a project means alot. Now with that said, how about Grand Prix Mr. Feltenstein?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Sorry to jump in here late....

Congrats to a man that truly deserves the honor!

He's also one of the kindness, warmest persons in the business.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Mr. Feltenstein really deserves it.
And of course, I'm not just saying this on behalf of my fine and ever growing Warner collection. ;)

Cees

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Congrats to Mr. Feltenstein and I want to personally thank him for all the great work he has done for film buffs such as myself. You're truly a treasure and we appreciate your efforts.

Crawdaddy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks