What's new

George Bush topples Segway (1 Viewer)

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
Exactly. There's usually a fine line with these things and I chose not to cross it, stumble, fall and yell LIVE FROM NEW YORK IT'S SATURDAY NIGHT! :D

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
I would think that anyone who golfs (as both the prezs do) would love to use one of these on the links. Caddys wouldn't mind one either.
Are you sure about that? Doesn't the Segway have a golf bag attachment by now? Caddies and golf cart maintenance staff working in upper-class clubs would lose their jobs! :D

As for the Prez "flipping" over the Segway :) , other presidents have had a few missteps during their terms of office (his dad once threw up during a Japanese state dinner). It's just fun to see these things happen to state leaders once in a while. There's nothing really political about it. It's just plain funny!

I would love to see a video of his famous ride just to see exactly how he managed to confuse the thing. :)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
It's just fun to see these things happen to state leaders once in a while. There's nothing really political about it. It's just plain funny!
Of course it is, as long as the remarks aren't derogatory in any way to how the president is handling the war situation.

There's definitely a fine line, but laughing at his clumsiness is fine with me, but laughing at him because you hate his political stance is not funny at all.

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
For those that doubted, it wasn't turned on. There was mention of this incident in the latest Segway newsletter:

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
Attention:

Jokes on the following subjects are FAIR GAME as far as I know. Anyone, please correct me if I'm wrong.
  • Jokes about Ford's clumsiness
  • Jokes about Reagan's senility or the fact he starred in Bedtime for Bonzo
  • Jokes about Bush I upchucking on the Japanese
  • Jokes about Qualye wavering somewhere between idiot and moron
  • Jokes about Clinton's horniness or "not inhaling"
  • Jokes about Gore's stiffness or having invented the Internet
  • Jokes about Bush II's DUI or slow-wittedness or hell-raising daughters

Didn't Bush make a joke about himself in a speech not too long ago, something along the lies of "Even a C student can be president."

EDIT: How could I forget Dan Quayle???

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
Jokes on the following subjects are FAIR GAME as far as I know. Anyone, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Jokes about Reagan's senility...
More accurately, he has Alzheimer's Disease. I suppose the degree of humor derived from such jokes would depend upon the individual.

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
Brett,

To be honest, I don't remember many jokes about Reagan's Alzheimer's after it was known that he had it, but I seem to remember jokes about his 'alleged' senility while he was in office. I didn't mean to pick on his actual affliction.

Just remember, if a man cuts his finger and it gets infected, that's traegdy. But if a man falls down an open manhole cover, THAT'S COMEDY. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks