What's new

George Bush topples Segway (1 Viewer)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Josh, I agree with you. The comment
"You have to be THIS stupid to fall on a Segway HT"

Is one that has been bothering me a lot (especially since the poster isn't from the US).

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
The only joke I think is even remotely objectionable is the "oilman" comment. THAT is a politically-inspired joke. But mocking Bush's intelligence? Come on. So he has a reputation for not being the sharpest tool in the shed. Even his sympathizers poke fun at it sometimes.

PS-- To whoever made the "Saddam vs. Bush vs. the pretzel vs. the Segaway" joke? I've got $100 that says the pretzel kicks all ass :p)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Maybe I'm just imagining it.
Possibly, because as Ricardo says, nothing political has been said. Intelligence? Yes. Coordination? Yes. Corporate background? Yes. All things that might be joked about regarding any celebrity, or any person for that matter.

No one has said anything that is based on politics.

Brent Cantrell

Stunt Coordinator
Josh, Kevin, I have to agree with you guys as well. I can't help but feel this thread should have been closed immediately upon someone making any remark other than the fact that he fell off, or remarks about the stability/quality of the Segways.

Feels a bit biased to me as well.

Ashley Seymour

Supporting Actor
Last week just as I was leaving church, one of our elderly members rode up on his new Segway. He rode it right into the church, actually in the back Narthex area, and several of us got to watch him spin around and move with eash forward and backward. This gentleman was about 75 and not that strong, but the coordination issue was not a problem for him.

He didn't go into detail about his learning curve or how long to wait to start it up. From appearances, it is simple to opperate. Assuming it is property set up.

I'll have to catch him when he is home and go over and see if I can wrangle a ride.

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
Feels a bit biased to me as well.
You don't say! I haven't visited the HTF in nearly 3 months. Had some free time tonight and decided to check in...

Hmmmm, threads get locked in a flash for the mere mention of "supporting our troops" but barbs can be slung at the President without so much as a single comment from a so-called Moderator. How pathetic (and maybe just a bit biased?!?)

I'm outta here :angry:

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Speaking as one of the "so-called Moderators", I can assure you that this thread has been monitored very closely indeed by several different moderators. It has not been closed, because there is no reason to close it.

There may, however, be reason to suspend members who attempt to sabotage threads by taking shots at the HTF administration. The forum rules are very clear: If there's a problem with a thread or post, report it and let us deal with it. Do not respond in the thread. We'll decide what action, if any, is appropriate.

Several references have been made to the specific policy announced in March at the commencement of the military action in Iraq. As was explained at the time, that policy was tailored to a particular set of circumstances and concerns. It is not relevant to the manner in which other subjects are handled, and it's not open for debate.

M.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
I can understand the frustration of those who are on one side of the political lines.

I guess that's all I can say about that.

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
I say good for the Bush boys, glad they are open to trying and using the segways. I would think that anyone who golfs (as both the prezs do) would love to use one of these on the links. Caddys wouldn't mind one either ;)

I wonder if you could play Polo on one of those things?!?

John Spencer

Supporting Actor
Well, if the current topic made you nervous, imagine misreading the title like I did. I thought it said "George Bush topless segue".

Trey Fletcher

Second Unit
how old is he? i dont see him on the news running much, although he looks like he does run. i would imagine most people would decaffeinate themselves falling over one of those things.
President Bush runs 3 miles every day, and also lifts weights. According to his last mandatory (and of course, highly publicized) physical, his fitness level is in the top 1% of men his age (56 years old). TF

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks