What's new

George A. Romero's Dead Trilogy in a big boxset??? (1 Viewer)

EnricoE

Supporting Actor
here is a real bummer i've encountered yesterday while talking with a friend about purchasing the anchor bay s.e. of day of the dead. we wondered if there would a big box including all 3 movies of romero's dead trilogy as special edition. i know that at this point anchor bay owns the rights on dawn and day but with night i'm not sure since too many dvds of this film are on the market including the best so far (i've heard ;) ) from elite entertainment: the mellenium edition.
so what do you gys think, any chance for huge set coming this year or get the current releases of night (elite), day ( anchor bay 2 disc) and later this year dawn (4 disc set by anchor bay)???

EnricoE

Supporting Actor
here is a real bummer i've encountered yesterday while talking with a friend about purchasing the anchor bay s.e. of day of the dead. we wondered if there would a big box including all 3 movies of romero's dead trilogy as special edition. i know that at this point anchor bay owns the rights on dawn and day but with night i'm not sure since too many dvds of this film are on the market including the best so far (i've heard ;) ) from elite entertainment: the mellenium edition.
so what do you gys think, any chance for huge set coming this year or get the current releases of night (elite), day ( anchor bay 2 disc) and later this year dawn (4 disc set by anchor bay)???

Drew Reiber

Supporting Actor
A trilogy box set that is worth the purchase isn't very likely at this point. Elite Entertainment's "Night of the Living Dead: Millennium Edition" is easily the best package of the film, with restored image/sound and all the proper extras. The only version of Night that Anchor Bay has made available is infinitely inferior and is definitely not approved by the director. The best arrangement of the series, currently, is:

Night of the Living Dead: Millennium Edition (Elite Entertainment - 1 disc)

Dawn of the Dead: Ultimate Edition (Anchor Bay Entertainment - 4 discs [out Sept. 7 '04])

Day of the Dead: Divimax Series (Anchor Bay Entertainment - 2 discs)

It is unlikely anyone other than Fox will release the 4th film if/when it is completed, but oddly enough they seem to be considering some kind of distribution-partnering deal with Anchor Bay... who knows what that means.

Drew Reiber

Supporting Actor
A trilogy box set that is worth the purchase isn't very likely at this point. Elite Entertainment's "Night of the Living Dead: Millennium Edition" is easily the best package of the film, with restored image/sound and all the proper extras. The only version of Night that Anchor Bay has made available is infinitely inferior and is definitely not approved by the director. The best arrangement of the series, currently, is:

Night of the Living Dead: Millennium Edition (Elite Entertainment - 1 disc)

Dawn of the Dead: Ultimate Edition (Anchor Bay Entertainment - 4 discs [out Sept. 7 '04])

Day of the Dead: Divimax Series (Anchor Bay Entertainment - 2 discs)

It is unlikely anyone other than Fox will release the 4th film if/when it is completed, but oddly enough they seem to be considering some kind of distribution-partnering deal with Anchor Bay... who knows what that means.

Drew Reiber

Supporting Actor

Romero entered into a development deal over the next film with Fox Searchlight some time ago. Since then, Tony Scott and Ridley Scott's SCOTT FREE PRODUCTIONS took up both the sequel and another Romero feature in-development called Diamond Dead (horror musical from the composer of Rocky Horror Picture Show). The new Dead film is tentatively being called "Night of the Living Dead: Dead Reckoning", which apparently got the greenlight after Dawn of the Dead opened with $27 million. Right now they're looking at an October 2004 or spring 2005 start date.

EDITED TO ADD: Oh yeah, wanted to mention that Scott Free joined in because Tony Scott was a huge fan of Romero. Thought that was cool...

Drew Reiber

Supporting Actor

Romero entered into a development deal over the next film with Fox Searchlight some time ago. Since then, Tony Scott and Ridley Scott's SCOTT FREE PRODUCTIONS took up both the sequel and another Romero feature in-development called Diamond Dead (horror musical from the composer of Rocky Horror Picture Show). The new Dead film is tentatively being called "Night of the Living Dead: Dead Reckoning", which apparently got the greenlight after Dawn of the Dead opened with $27 million. Right now they're looking at an October 2004 or spring 2005 start date.

EDITED TO ADD: Oh yeah, wanted to mention that Scott Free joined in because Tony Scott was a huge fan of Romero. Thought that was cool...

Joshua_W

Second Unit
Anchor Bay does have an edition of NOTLD, so they could easily release some kind of Dead Trilogy boxed set.

Of course, their NOTLD is the much maligned Anniversary version, so caveat emptor.

But they haven't done this for the Evil Dead trilogy yet, and I'd definitely see them doing some kind of boxed set for that one before they'd do a Romero Dead one.

Joshua_W

Second Unit
Anchor Bay does have an edition of NOTLD, so they could easily release some kind of Dead Trilogy boxed set.

Of course, their NOTLD is the much maligned Anniversary version, so caveat emptor.

But they haven't done this for the Evil Dead trilogy yet, and I'd definitely see them doing some kind of boxed set for that one before they'd do a Romero Dead one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks