Geometry problems with my Toshiba 32A50

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris Alderman, Mar 13, 2002.

1. Chris Alderman

Chris Alderman Auditioning

Greetings all fellow home theater buffs! This will be my first post on these boards and I thought I would introduce myself with a question...which I am sure is what most of you came to do on these boards.

Anyways, I am a brand new "newbie" to home theater and I have almost completed my first set-up. Currently, I am using as follows:

Toshiba 32A50 32" Direct View Non-HD TV

Kenwood HTB-544 H.T.I.B. (purchasing in about a week)

Microsoft XBox w/component cables (doubles as my DVD player)

As you can see, I have an extremely basic set-up, but for now I am content (everything is in my bedroom). I will be seeking to upgrade as soon as I find another place of my own (unemployment forced me to move back home with the folks...BLAH!!!).

Okay, now to my question. I LOVE my TV. Not only did I score big-time with the price, but I compared it to all other 32" in its price range and could not find any better. The only GRIPE I have is with the geometry. I posted this problem with a few others on HomeTheaterSpot.com, under the Toshiba section, and was not really given any advice, other than another poster has a similiar problem.

The problem is with the top/right and bottom/right lines. They curve down and up respectively. This is very noticable when watching letter-box versions of movies. The black lines should go straight across the screen but they curve down and up on only the right side of the screen. Now, the picture quality is outstanding for the type of set, but this really annoys the heck out of me. Is there anyway of adjusting the service settings of this TV that may help reduce this problem? If so, who would you suggest I turn to for help.

Thanks for providing such a great resource for all of us. Looking forward to many nights surfing through all the wonderful posts!

Chris

2. Chris Alderman

Chris Alderman Auditioning

Bump...I know someone has some info. I will be searching Toshiba's site and other forums in the meantime. Thanks again in advance for any help! [​IMG]