1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Geometry Problem w/ Hit 57S500!! Please Help!!

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Matt AR, Sep 21, 2003.

1. Matt AR

Matt AR Agent

Just took delivery of a Hitachi 57S500 and just noticed that the picture in the left-most 6 inches of the screen is bending down about an inch. It is very noticable when something is shown across the screen (like a stock or score ticker across the bottom of the screen). Is this something I can correct myself, or do I need CC to send a new one out? Any help would be appreciated.

2. Gary_O

Gary_O Stunt Coordinator

Im guessing nothing is wrong, but its the stretch mode that you're in.

Put in a DVD and see if you notice the same thing, if not then you can be fairly positive that's what it is.

3. Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.
    Insider

Gregg Loewen
    Hi Matt,

the stretch mode wont cause the curve.

You seem to have a geometry problem. Just call up CC and tell them to send out a tech to correct it. It is easy to do.

Regards

Gregg

4. Matt AR

Matt AR Agent

Thanks Gregg. You wouldn't be planning a trip to Arkansas anytime soon?

5. JohnKings

JohnKings Stunt Coordinator

Matt:

Please don't take this the wrong way, but do it yourself! Learning your way around service level convergence will be very useful to you later when your convergence goes out of alignment (and it will). It is very easy to fix a geometry problem once you know how. I would recommend checking the thread below. It will answer all of your questions on how to fix your geometry as well as how to tweak your Hitachi for maximum enjoyment.

The technician you have out from CC will likely say something stupid like "it is within the specifications set by Hitachi". If he actually does try to fix your geometry issue he will more than likely end up making it worse! Mark my words - I know from experience!

Hitachi Tweaks

John