What's new

Gentle Guidance needed..... (1 Viewer)

Brad Newton

Second Unit
for a relative newbie to home theater. I want to purchase one of the following receivers: Denon 3803, Onkyo 900 or Pioneer 45, maybe 47. I plan on using the receiver with Klipsch speakers to create a 7.1 system. My tv is an older 36" that has only (1) s-video input. The majority of use would be for home theater. I know that the Denon has 100 mz band width, but what about the Onkyo & Pioneer. I will ultimately update to hdtv so I want a receiver that will handle all formats. I will also be conecting a dvd player, vcr & satellite dish to the tv. Which one of these receivers would be of greatest benefit? I haven't been able to demo the Denon or the Onkyo yet. I have heard the Pioneer 45 and was very impressed. Do the Pioneer & Onkyo offer upcoversion?:confused:

Paul Fa

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Brad,
I've been researching AV receivers for a couple of months now for the same sort of purpose as you describe - maybe a little more 2 channel music interest than you expressed, and no Sat input, but similar otherwise. I haven't seen anything about the 100 MHz bandwidth capability on the other two, but that and many of the other features on the 3803 have me finally thinking I'm very near to ending my search! Maybe check out some of the replies to my recent posts to see some other input on these boxes etc.

Good luck and Happy Holidays,
Paul

DanaA

Screenwriter
This is only my opinion, but I wasn't a great fan of the sound of my Onkyo receiver matched up with my Klipsch speakers. Klipsch are very sensitive to the equipment mated with them. A lot of Klipsch users really enjoy having their speakers paired with Denon and Harman Kardon. I would also recommend that you try to audition them with Rotel's 1055 receiver, as many love the way Klipsches sound with Rotel.

Juan_R

Supporting Actor
On the bandwidth question, here is how they break down for the questioned receivers,

3803 = 100Mhz
900 = 60Mhz
45TX = 40Mhz

this are all obove HDTV standards.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks