What's new

Genesis tribute band (1 Viewer)

Clint B

Second Unit
I've never seen them, but I wish I had the chance to do so. The Musical Box is the only band in the world (to my knowledge) that has an actual license from Peter Gabriel and the rest of Genesis to do recreations of the shows. Apparently, some of the "techies" are people who worked on the actual shows that Genesis did in the 70s.

RaulR

Stunt Coordinator
The Musical Box is probably the best tribute band ever. They put on exact replicas of Genesis' shows, down to the choreography, costumes and sets. The band sounds exactly like Gabriel-era Genesis, the lead singer sounds and looks exactly Peter Gabriel, and the drummer sounds exactly like and looks sorta like Phil Collins. In fact, they're arguably better than Genesis themselves because TMB doesn't make mistakes. ;)

Chris Stainton

Second Unit
My brother is the one who told me about these guys. He was lucky enough to see the original tours for both Selling England and the Lamb. To this day, after seeing well over 100 bands live, he still says the Lamb show was the best concert he's ever been to. When he saw them for the Selling England tour it was their first time in San Francisco. They were almost boo'ed off the stage. He said people were yelling out "Boogie" and other rude comments during the quiet passages. When they returned in 1975 for the Lamb tour the audience was very enthusiastic.

I would really like to check out this band. I wish they would come to the West coast.

Bob Turnbull

Supporting Actor
Which show are they doing at Nearfest? Selling England or Lamb?

I've seen them 3 times (twice for Selling England) and they are truly fabulous. The singer even has Peter Gabriel's patter between songs down pat (if you've ever heard or seen live footage from that era). First I saw them, they had 7 musicians (2 keyboardists and 2 guitarists). The following time, they had pared down to the 5 member lineup and were even better! "Firth Of Fifth" was truly glorious...I'm typically not much for tribute bands (as there are so many other great underground bands - particularly in the prog arena - worth paying attention to), but all 3 were incredible shows.

Mellotron too! :D

Dennis_H

Stunt Coordinator

They are doing the Selling tour. I actually considered not going this year due to spousal objections, but this was the main reason I'll be there with a huge grin. Maybe they can get them next year agin with the Lamb tour. (My wife is going to kill me...)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks