What's new

Genesis on SACD soon (1 Viewer)

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Genesis' "The Lamb" has now been postponed until later in 2005, according to the official Genesis website, genesis-music.com.

Comments from Nick Davis, the project's engineer, on the delayed SACD release....

"nothing to do with me-pretty depressing news though.
from what i can gather it is to do with the fact that the platinum collection and video show dvd have gone so far back in the usa that it would be too close for a release in april. also there is the possibility of putting the original slide show on the dvda and this will take time to sort out- so not all bad news."

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
from what i can gather it is to do with the fact that the platinum collection and video show dvd have gone so far back in the usa that it would be too close for a release in april
I hate lame record company excuses like this. If all three of these came out the same day fans are still gonna buy 'em. It's not like we've been flooded with Genesis product lately... :frowning:

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
You scared me, Andrew....I was thinking another delay beyond September 2005, as posted by Nick Davis on the stevehoffman.tv forum.

Noticed the date of post at genesis-music.com for the delay was/is March 17th??

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
As of June 2nd....

Nick Davis has completed work on the 5.1 SACD re-mix of Foxtrot and is currently working out in France. On his return he will begin work on another album in the Genesis back catalogue. Which album has yet to be decided. News when we get it.

Release dates for the SACD versions of The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway, Nursery Cryme and Foxtrot have not yet been sent. The re-mixes await the final approval of all concerned in their original recording and, when received, dates for their release will be set.

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Actually, in this case, the blame probably lies at the feet of Peter Gabriel (he nixed the original release of Lamb at almost the last second). For the non-Gabriel stuff, it's a question of the record company deciding whether to release the albums in chronological order or not. Very irritating all around.:angry:

FeisalK

Screenwriter
I can understand that PG or any artist themselves wanting to make sure the mix is consistent with what is/was in their intent/head, like what Brian May did with ANATO (totally remixed it)

why they didn't do it front he beginning is what i don't understand - having to re-mix someone else's work is a waste of time+effort=money

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
According to a post by Nick Davis today on Genesis' forum, "Selling England By The Pound" has been remixed and work will begin next week on "Trespass". No indication on whether these are 5.1 SACDs or not.

What's the band waiting for regarding unleashing these SACDs/DualDiscs?

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
According to a November 3rd post on the Genesis forum by Nick Davis, the multi-channel remix of "Wind and Wuthering" has been completed. And he's starting on "And Then There Were Three" next week.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
So that means the following have been completed:

"Trespass"
"Nursery Cryme"
"Foxtrot"
"Selling England By The Pound"
"The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway"
"Wind And Wuthering"

Any word on "A Trick Of The Tail" (seems to have been skipped)??

Does Nick Davis enjoy torturing the fans with these posts that lead to no product??? ;)

Maybe we'll get a big box set of these eventually, similar to the recent "Brick" which collected surround versions of the Talking Heads' studio catalog?? One can only hope...

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
I really, really hope Warner releases these classics as dvd+CD packages like they did with the REM albums, and not on the effed-up DualDisc format.

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
^^A Trick of the Tail was the first one done after Lamb, IIRC.

^The European releases (if they ever get out) will likely be SACD (Dire Straits--Brothers in Arms was an SACD release in Europe and Canada while it was a DualDisc in the US) so you will likely have that as a fallback.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
From the November 14, 2005 post on http://surroundablog.blogs.com/surro...acd/index.html comes the following....

(Nick) Davis commented in the forum of the official Genesis site that he suspected that the newly reissued and remixed Genesis back catalog may be released all at once and may coincide with another project. While this was a vague sentiment, one would suspect that he is referring to the much talked-about possibility of a Genesis reunion concert or tour.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks