What's new

General Thanks to Paramount... (1 Viewer)

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
I just want to say thanks to Paramount, to let them know that their releases are appreciated. I know that their releases tended to be a bit a bit more expensive, but their prices are going down.

I also know that you guys are being attacked for lack of features. Well, I'll say this, I guess I don't care. When I pick up a Paramount disc, I know I'm getting the best audio and video possible, and it wasn't slapped together, like some other studios. ALSO! We know it will be in widescreen! We don't have to worry. If it was filmed in widescreen, it'll be that way on the disc! And that's a big plus these days. (Yes, I know Mission: Impossible and Top Gun were released with both, but those are the only two to my knowledge...) Don't change that.

I guess, when it comes right down to it, It's the picture and audio that matters most...I'll watch the movie a lot more than the features. Except maybe the trailers. I love trailers...that's the one thing we need more of on Paramount releases...

So anyway, a big thanks to Paramount!

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
I would also like to thank Paramount. They are doing a great job in getting out their catalog titles and I'm very happy to see that they are starting to lower their prices. I'm looking forward to picking up Medium Cool & Seconds.
And if I could see some of the following withen the next year I would be estatic:
Atlantic City
Bad Company
Bang the Drum Slowly
Black Sunday
Conformist, The
Day of the Locust
Disorderly Orderly, The
Don't Look Now
Four Flies on Grey Velvet
Friends of Eddie Coyle
Gambler, The
Goodbye Columbus
Hud
Italian Job, The
Lady in a Cage
Let's Scare Jessica to Death
Looking for Mr Goodbar
Murder on the Orient Express
Once Upon a Time in the West
One Eyed Jacks
Out-of-Towners, The
Paper Moon
Phase IV
President's Analyst, The
Ragtime
Reds
Robinson Crusoe on Mars
Serpico
Sunset Boulevard
Tenant, The
Keep up the good work!!!

Bruce Morrison

Supporting Actor
Several of the titles you listed have already been promised by Paramount for 2002. They are:

Atlantic City (May 14th)

Bad Company (June 4th)

Don't Look Now (May 28th)

Gambler, The (May 14th)

Serpico ((May 14th)

Additionally, Reds, Once Upon A Time In the West and Sunset Boulevard are generally known to be in various stages of preparation - I think Reds and Once Upon A Time have been tentatively promised for late 2002. And Hud has been indicated as a likely 2003 release.

I'd like to add my vote for:

The Conformist

One-Eyed Jacks

Ragtime

And I'd like to put in a plea for Heartburn (Jack Nicholson, Meryl Streep). I think this is Meryl Streep's best screen performance, and I find it sad that the film seems to have been rather overlooked.

Certainly I'd like to add my thanks to Paramount - they are doing a fine job in getting out their classic back-catalog titles and making a proper job of them.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
I chime in with my thanks, too.

The "Beverly Hills Cop" set looks like it'll be dynamite, and I look forward to the SE of "Fatal Attraction", plus the DVD releases of "Flashdance", "Footloose", "Better Off Dead" and "Top Secret!".

Sincerely,

John "What's the penalty for getting thrown out a window?" Kilduff

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
Footloose is coming? How did I miss that one? Wahoo!

Also, the Beverly Hills Cop flicks look really good. I'm not sure if I'll get the box set or not. I'm not a big fan of the third film...

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
QUOTE:
"Several of the titles you listed have already been promised by Paramount for 2002. They are:
Atlantic City (May 14th)
Bad Company (June 4th)
Don't Look Now (May 28th)
Gambler, The (May 14th)
Serpico ((May 14th)"
END QUOTE
I've heard nothing about these films being released on those dates. If this is true then I have definitely died and gone to heaven. WOW!!!!!!!

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
Is that sarcasm, Mr. Blythe. I can't tell...

If so, I meant only to say thanks to Paramount. I didn't mean for this to turn into a thread for requests, for crying out loud!!!!

Bill Huelbig

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bill Huelbig
To Jay E.: THE TENANT is also scheduled for May 2002. Now that it's on its way, my new favorite Paramount title to hope for is ROBINSON CRUSOE ON MARS.

--Bill

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Jay E,
More reason for you to rejoice:
I forget the exact date (sometime in late May 2002, if I recall correctly), but THE ITALIAN JOB is coming to DVD, too.
I'd also like to thank Paramount, particularly for the upswing in older catalog titles in the last year, continuing thru this coming year. Bonus brownie points for helping to complete the Harry Palmer trilogy on DVD with last summer's fine DVD of FUNERAL IN BERLIN. I'm very pleased that SECONDS, SORRY WRONG NUMBER, THE ITALIAN JOB, WILL PENNY, and ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST are on the DVD horizon.
For Martin Blythe's edification (despite the fact that he didn't ask for it), my current Paramount DVD want list:
THE PRESIDENT'S ANALYST (1967, un-cut, un-altered, all original music intact, commentary by James Coburn and writer/director Theodore J. Flicker)
THE NAKED PREY (1966)
MIRACLE OF MORGAN'S CREEK (1946)
CAPTAIN KRONOS: VAMPIRE HUNTER (1973)
THE MAN WHO COULD CHEAT DEATH (1959)
FRANKENSTEIN & THE MONSTER FROM HELL (1973)
I MARRIED A MONSTER FROM OUTER SPACE (1958)
ROBINSON CRUSOE ON MARS (1964)
DARK CITY (1950)
THE DESPERATE HOURS (1955)
THE NAKED JUNGLE (1954)
THE BLISS OF MRS. BLOSSOM (1968)
DANGER: DIABOLIK (1968)
THE ASSASSINATION BUREAU (1969)
BROADWAY BILL (1934)
TARGETS (1968)
CRACK IN THE WORLD (1965)
LADY IN A CAGE (1964)
THE COLOSSUS OF NEW YORK (1958)
THE CONQUEST OF SPACE (1955)
THE DOUBLE MAN (1967)
BLACK SUNDAY (1977)
FRAULEIN DOKTOR (1969)
PHASE IV (1973)
THE FRIENDS OF EDDIE COYLE (1973)
WARNING SHOT (1967)
--even if none of these emerge one Region 1 DVD in the next year or so, Paramount still richly deserves a pat on the back for what it has put on the DVD market thus far.

Doug Pyle

Second Unit
Real Name
Doug
Nate, I agree, especially with the point that Paramount
has honored Original Aspect Ratio with its releases and
put quality first. So long as those remain highest priorities,
I also am pleased to see Paramount getting into
more features lately that give insight into the
art of the filmmakers.
And I really want to add my vote for
Ragtime
as well as a mention for the uncut TV series
Shogun.
Looking forward to ST:NG as well.
Thanks Martin for keeping in touch.

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Is that sarcasm, Mr. Blythe. I can't tell...

If so, I meant only to say thanks to Paramount. I didn't mean for this to turn into a thread for requests, for crying out loud!!!!
Relax, Nate, I don't think Mr. Blythe was using sarcasm.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks