General State of the Art Question

Discussion in 'Displays' started by ShelbyB, Dec 2, 2005.

1. ShelbyB

ShelbyB Stunt Coordinator

Okay, I want a HD TV of some sort. I am not very well up to date on all the technologies, their benefits, and their shortcomings. I mean, I do know a fair amount, I just make no attempt to stay current with all the daily news. Anyways, with 1080p finally making its way to the marketplace, and the prospect of new technologies coming out and current technologies being perfected, does anyone else out there feel its smart to wait to buy for a while, or perhaps buy a cheaper RPTV or just bite the $4000 bullet and buy a HDTV?

I realize there is going to be some bias in this forum. I mean, I want an expensive TV to last both in function and in regard to obsolesence for several years.

What do you think, should I start looking for the unit now, or just save my money and be ready to pounce at a later date?

2. Dick Knisely

Dick Knisely Second Unit

Only you can answer that for yourself but in the meantime the TV's are selling in ever increasing numbers. Really depends on what features you're looking for at what pricepoint. When that happens, buy. Until it does wait.

3. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

a CRT RPTV that's HD is pretty cheap nowadays and still throws perhaps the best picture you're going to find. The closes you're going to get is one of sony's LCOS displays with an iris, which is going to be a good deal more expensive.