General Question about Cambridge HTIB

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John Kirkpatric, Dec 1, 2002.

1. John Kirkpatric

Does anybody have experience related to the Cambridge Soundworks HTIB products? I've been considering a small "simple" unit for a small den inhabited by two kids. Any comments on sound quality or other recommendations appreciated. Looking at the $895 unit. Thanks.

2. Brian Ruth

Brian Ruth Supporting Actor

I can't really comment on the particular HTiB that you're looking at, but my bedroom (where I'm typing this) is currently outfitted with some older Cambridge speakers.

I find them to be quite adequate for the small sized room, though they tend to distort a bit at high levels.

These said high levels are probably higher than you'd ever go for most applications, though - I turned them up high enough to hear at the other end of my college dorm (25 rooms or so), which is about 15 dB or so louder than I'd ever normally listen to them. If your room is under 225 square feet, it should be large enough.

If space is not a concern (I'm guessing these are the famous Cambridge Cubes), there are probably a few HTiB solutions that are better, but somone else will have to name them for me.

All in all, though, the sound isn't that bad on them.

3. Brian Ruth

Brian Ruth Supporting Actor

John: Which exact model are you looking at?

4. John Kirkpatric

Thanks for the response. I believe I was looking at the "510" model. Roughly $895. Appreciate any input or other suggestions.