What's new

General Projector questions (1 Viewer)

Jerry_

Auditioning
I'm new to projectors and Im about to purchase one from dell. It states it's hdtv compatible. Does this mean i can use my progressive scan? Also i was looking into buying a Grey HD Projector screen but was wondering if that was really needed and if it cuts out quality from nonHD. Thanks!

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard
Yes you can use your progressive scan DVD player. HD compatible just means it can accept 720p and 1080i signals, it does not necessarily mean it will display those signals in HD resolution. What model is it and is it a 720p projector?

Chris

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
It is supposed to improve black levels on all sources. I just finished building the frame for my 106" screen. I'm starting with plain black-out cloth but I may paint it one of the many gray formulas that are available over at AVS in their DIY screen section.

-Robert

Jerry_

Auditioning
the model is Dell 1100mp. I'm not really concerned with hd but i have a chance to get a grey hd screen at a good price just didnt know if it would affect the brightness or if i'm better off getting a white one

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
Jerry, that projector is a DLP correct? If yes, and your room will be dark when viewing projector, I would stick with a white screen.

Jerry_

Auditioning
Ok thanks thats what i'll do...It states the projector at 5ft from the screen the size diagonal is 40" so i would assume at 10ft away the size would be 80"??

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks