What's new

General ipod question (1 Viewer)

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
I have a couple thousand songs sitting in MusicMatch Jukebox in MP3 format.

If I spring for an ipod, I know I'll have to switch over to itunes, which shouldn't be a problem.

However, won't I have to convert my MP3s to whatever format ipods use? How difficult is this?

Thanks,

Jon

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
iPod uses the MP3 standard (as well as Apple's ACC) so there's no conversion needed.

Also, you don't have to use iTunes... there are other 3rd party apps that will work. I use EphPod myself.

Mike~Sileck

Supporting Actor
Marc, will these programs take music from the ipod and put it onto the computer? Itunes will not do this.

Sorry to hijack the said. As he said, the ipod uses mp3, so you'll have no need to convert. However, WMA files do get converted, just a heads up.

Mike

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
So...if I move my MP3s from MMJukebox to itunes, I can then easily load them into the ipod?

Jon

Mike~Sileck

Supporting Actor
Technically you arent really moving the mp3's per say .... In MusicMatch I believe it just remembers where each file is on the harddrive, then adds it to the memory of MM, and thus, the MM library. The file is located somewhere on your hard drive, not really IN MM. So all you have to do is locate those files on your hard drive, open up itunes, click "add folder to library" .. select the directory of all your music and bam, you have every file you had on MM at you fingertips on Tunues.

It is extremely easy to load onto the ipod. Basically drag and drop within Itunes.

Mike

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member

iTunes won't. Not sure about Anapod Explorer or Ephpod, but there are utilities that will do this. Do a search over at iPod Lounge .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks