What's new

General Dolby Digital question (1 Viewer)

AaronKnowlton

Auditioning
I'm trying to get my receiver to receive the Dolby Digital signal coming from the DVD player, but it only registers as Pro Logic. I'm using a Sony STR-DE875 receiver, and I think I have it hooked up correctly, because when I put in a DVD with a DTS track, the DTS logo lights up on the receiver display, and all the necessary lights come on showing that the receiver is receiving the DTS signal from the player.

But I can never get the Dolby Digital light to come on on the receiver. It's just Pro Logic.

What am I doing wrong?

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter
I know it's a stupid question on my part, but someone's gotta ask it.

You know the disc in question has a Dolby Digital 5.1 track? My amp'll show it as prologic if it's a dolby digital stereo (as opposed to dolby digital surround.)

Leo Kerr

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Hi Aaron. Welcome to HTF.

First - when you put in a DVD, go to the Audio Setup menu and select 5.1 sound. (The first/default audio track on all DVD's is the pro-logic track).

Second - ... well if the reciever does detect a DTS disk, it must already be setup to auto-detect the signal type. Try the first suggestion and see if it helps.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Also, in the dvd setup menu (the menu for setup of the player-- not the disc menu)-- it should have an output selection for DD and DTS- and make sure both are set to "digital" or "bitstream" and not PCM.

-V

PeterK

Supporting Actor
is the dvd audio hooked up by digital coax or fiber optic? if it is just your red and white cable then you will only recieve stereo and your reciever will kick into prologic.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks