What's new

General 4K question (1 Viewer)

Chrickit

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris
Hi all, I'm new on this forum. I just purchased my first 4k projector (Sony VPL-VW695ES) and I thought it was odd last night when I watched a 4k movie and between the trailers, I lost video for about 10-15 seconds each time. Audio would play, but there would be a significant delay before the video would come up. There are some other instances of this such as switching inputs or starting a game, etc. I'm told by my installer that this is due to trailers not being in 4k, so the video format is having to switch. I'm asking to see if that sounds normal to others - particularly if there are others with that same projector who could share their own experience. I'm passing through a Denon AVRX3500, but I'm told that this issue would occur even if I was sending directly to the projector. Any insights or is there a setting that we're missing? Thanks for any thoughts!

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
It is likely an HDMI handshake issue. Try setting your player to upscale everything to 4K and see if that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks