What's new

Gene Simmons "Family Jewels" (1 Viewer)

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Anyone catching this at all? I have found it extremely entertaining and I am typically not at all interested in reality TV, scripted, unscripted or otherwise.

Gene is a very interesting personality who exudes strong confidence and powerful neuroses simultaneously. His family consists of his significant other, Shannon Tweed (oh yes, that Shannon Tweed) and their two children, Nick and Sophie, who are amazingly well adjusted (if you use the Osbornes as the ruler for rocker kids anyway).

I searched to see if anyone had posted a thread on this and apologize if a duplicate to an existing conversation.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I watch this. I actually like it as well. You are right about the kids. They are both "normal". Nick seems like a really nice guy.

This show is partially scripted. But I still like it anyway. I sometimes feel sorry for Gene. He gets zero respect at home. I can see why he goes on business trips a lot. Away from home is treated like a king, then he goes home to be treated like a doormat.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Scott-S,

Yeah it is very funny how he is the butt of jokes and affectionate sarcasm from the whole family and everywhere else, he's "God of Thunder/Dr. Love". Nick is a very cool kid, not to mention a big guy - 6'7''!! I saw the episode the other night when they wer in London and Nick met a local girl who arranged for him to go crewing on the Thames. The crew team leader was going to give him shoes until Nick told him he needed size 15....

Sophie is a sweetie too and seems to have inherited some of her mother's...."characteristics". :) That same episode where Gene was the meddlesome stage father when Sophie was posing for the modeling shots in Paris was pretty good.

JonZ - Apparently not as they are now on season three and while they are not married they are clearly a couple. Their relationship seems very genuine and adds to the enjoyment of the show IMO.

Jeff Pryor

Supporting Actor
My wife got me hooked on this show. I love the banter between everyone, and Gene's mansion is beautiful. I read his books years ago, and it's interesting to sometimes see him conduct business and bow to his money god. But when we see him occasionally pull out that fat wallet, I wish I were on the receiving end.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Jeff,

Yeah, Gene has got some serious cash alright and that mansion is gorgeous. Did you see the episode where Shannon talked him into a trip away from the kids and it turned out to be a fat farm/spa? Gene was dropping alot of green on the kid from the front desk to get him to smuggle in some fast food and a TV - great stuff.

Michael Henry

Second Unit
Real Name
J. Michael Henry
Carrot Top...OMG...

What has happened to this guy? Is he on 'roids? Did he have some facial work done? Implants? WTF!?!?!?

He looks like an ALIEN.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Seeing that picture of Carrot Top makes me think of what Greg Giraldo said to him at the Comedy Central Roast of Flavor Flav: "how did you find a doctor that could actually add a chromosome"? :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks